Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerschreck

Article about: I have a nice ground dug Panzerschreck with some Zubehör. I am about to start restoring it, but I need a few parts, to make it complete. I'll post a few pictures of the Schreck for opinions,

?

Default Re: Panzerschreck

Hi Bjørn,
    Here's an isometric interpretation of your drawings. Let me know of any errors. I will be working on a cutaway version that shows all the detail and may add some color.
    Regards,
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck  

?

Very, Very nice drawing, Bill. I really love it, and I'll keep that one for reference :-)
    I have taken some pictures of the original parts now. I have placed the parts in their original place and in the right assembly order.
    There are only very small differences between the original parts and these drawings. (as you can see, the original core cylinder is not entirely flat at one end, and the top lid, wich covers the electrical wire connections has somewhat rounded edges) The rubber disc should originally be completely flat, but it has becomed a little deformed, after years in the ground. Amazingly, the rubber is still soft ans pliable/stretchable. As you can see of the pictures, the Zink alloy cases, the rubber disc and the outer steel washer needs to be replaced (as well as the magnet, wich has "died" The original spool needs new wires too, to become operational again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

Panzerschreck  

?

B - E - A - U-tiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't thank you enough for these pictures. I will be sending you some pictures I've collected over the years that may help you with restoring the rear contact box.
    Kind Regards,
    Bill

?

This is from a late panzerschreck manual that was sent me by a Bundesmuseum archive. It light help with proportions and attachments for the contact pins. It shows the late box with extra attachment to use with rockets that don't have the wood block with the contact pin but use two contacts on the rocket itself. I have a Finnish manual that shows the early block, I will copy that and send it to you.
    Best Regards,
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

?

Hi all,
    I think I resolved Identifying the generator parts in that picture I posted before with Bjorn's assembly drawing. See attached
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck  

?

Wow, Bill. That looks exactly right :-)
    I have just finished today - putting the reconditioned induction firing mechanism back together. Ill post pictures of the resault over the weekend. It came out VERY nice.
    Perhaps Prest1 will post some pictures of the restoration progress too.
    Cheers
    Björn

speiss 2002
    ?

Panzerschrek are nowhere to be found in any condition in New Zealand, not even in our military museum collections.All this useful information has inspired me to have my copy Panzerschrek more correct in the magneto department. It uses a 9 volt battery at the moment which works fine,but obviously isn't correct.

Panzerschreck  

?

I'm sorry for the very late reply, but here are the pictures of the re-assembled induction generator:

Panzerschreck  

jir
    ?

Hello! Do you have more schematics with dimensions? That here were very useful... :-)

Thank for posts.

jir

great pics, when can we fire it lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast