Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Iron Hussar View Post
    Absolutely beautiful rifles all. Congrats to everyone who has one of these great weapons I have just recently caught the bug to get a 98k, but I know it won't be easy to find.

Recently a few stocks with proper German stampings have come up for sale. Is it worth assembling a rifle by buying parts? I realise you lose out on the authenticity of a 'matching parts' weapon, and that would probably bug me
    It all depends what you want. If you want a shooter, you can by a Russian rework or a non-matching one.

But since it seems that would bug you, be patient. Save up you money and while your doing that, research what you really want (maker, sniper, etc) and track the auction sites to see what they are going for. (It's been a while since I bought mine so I could be wrong but I think average collector grade rifles are going for around $1,200 to $1,500 in the US).

To be honest all matching average condition collector grade K98's, while expensive are not rare and they always come up for sale. So don't feel like you have to grab one now or else you will never have the chance again.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP. I am not in the US, so getting a shooter would be a pain, as firearms licenses are hard to get here. I will see what I can find in the market regarding complete rifles.

I can pick up the stock, with some of the essential metal hardware, for about $50-100usd here, and for that there is a lot of choice, all in quite nice condition (wood clean etc). But of course, there is the cost of the rest of the parts and tracking down each piece

MAP
    ?

Quote by Iron Hussar View Post
    Thanks MAP. I am not in the US, so getting a shooter would be a pain, as firearms licenses are hard to get here. I will see what I can find in the market regarding complete rifles.

I can pick up the stock, with some of the essential metal hardware, for about $50usd here, and for that there is a lot of choice, all in quite nice condition (wood clean etc). But of course, there is the cost of the rest of the parts and tracking down each piece
    Sorry. Guess we are somewhat spoiled here. In that case, I would be loath to ever recommend getting a collector grade rifle and de-milling it. As such, I would think its fine to piece together on your own but in the long run this would probably be more expensive than buying a complete de-milled one.

Michael

Good luck.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

dot43 - Waffenwerk Brunn - RC

hello I picked this rifle up today. was sold as a RC rifle.
    and from looking at this site the x stamp means that.
    different numbers on parts,, missing some screws, cleaning rod, strap and front site hood missing too.
    this is my first 98k.
    lots of stamps I think there is earlier stamps and later one on the chamber.
    some help on the marking would be very appreciated.
    thanks mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Looks like ya got yourself a J P Sauer and Sohn 98k with Weimar-style eagles and nazi-style eagles. Looks to be in quite decent shape. Don't sweat the front sight hood as according to my book did not come with one for 1938. Hopefully you can locate a cleaning rod and capture screws. These R/Cs are increasing in value here in the states. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thankyou mauser9. Also want to see how it goes down the range. But will give the the boar a good scrubbing before I take it out . The boar doesn't seem to bad. Rod and screws will be on the list. Thanks again mark.

I have been working on a K98 project for quite some time, and its nearly complete now. Thought I would show some pictures. I started with a RC S/243 1938 dated barrel, and receiver. All eagles are intact, and the barrel matches the receiver. The #1 thing that annoys me about Russian captures is this. You can have a 1944 dated receiver/barrel, but It could be on a flat butt plate stock and ETC. When building this K98 I only used parts you would expect to see on a 1938 dated Mauser. All milled parts, and a nice walnut flat butt plate stock. The stock is a beautiful vet bring back example. Also the trigger guard, floor plate, and trigger match each other. I like to call this this example, the collectors RC LoL The only part im missing is a bolt. If anyone has one they would be willing to sell please PM me. Let me know what you think about my K98 project.

Best regards- Jarret

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

I also enjoy K98k rifles. In particular, K98k Sniper rifles. Check out my website for more pictures.

WWIIGermanSniper.com

Very impressive collection you have there! A real valuable treasure trove. Are those high and low turret variants? Only have my Dad's bringback right now but it's a matcher which is great. Sold off my BYF 44 mix-matcher a while back but made a healthy profit. R/Cs going for decent money these days. Thanks for showing

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25