Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

?

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

excellent pictures Jason, i have 2 mausers, one 43 and one 44, one day i will atempt to post them!
    sam

Quote by Sam11 View Post
    excellent pictures Jason, i have 2 mausers, one 43 and one 44, one day i will atempt to post them!
    sam
    Hi Sam,
    I will look foward to seeing your rifles
    Cheers,
    Jason

?

Hello Gents,
    i have a K98 question for you. normaly every K98 i have seen has a blued finish. and i wish there was more to this picture to show you. i believe it to be a period picture, what gets me is the color of the barrel and fittings on this SS mans K98. winter zinc ? i'd like some opinions. i dont think its painted white, and is sure dont look blued.
    andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles? 

Hi Andrew, I think this is just a case of heavy wear and the finish has worn off.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Andrew,this could be one of the rare,elusive,and never seen chromed Honour Guard rifles.So far I have been able to aquire the bayonet and one chromed round and clip,but the rifle still eludes me....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

lol zwerge.
    Ade, the part about wear i'm having trouble with is its consistancy of color, even in the low areas around the bayo lug. the light color looks to consistant on all the visable surfaces to be just wear, i think. but i have been wrong before.. but here is a teaser of why i asked. this one is not crome. and i have no explenation. it was a local estate auction buy, years ago. i'll post better pics later, along with my other k98.
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Quote by Andrew View Post
    lol zwerge.
    Ade, the part about wear i'm having trouble with is its consistancy of color, even in the low areas around the bayo lug. the light color looks to consistant on all the visable surfaces to be just wear, i think. but i have been wrong before.. but here is a teaser of why i asked. this one is not crome. and i have no explenation. it was a local estate auction buy, years ago. i'll post better pics later, along with my other k98.
    andrew
    The one in the pict. with the SS man is heavy wear... Your picture is more than kikely a bcd4 with phosphate finish..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Thank you Bill,
    here are other pictures of the k-98. what was the point of the phosphate finish ?
    also there are no stampings on the stocks of either of my k-98's is that common?
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

?

here is my other k-98.
    any information on the number 19 crest and the DF would be great. all numbers match on this rifle. on the phosphate k-98 the bolt only is mismatched, but has the same finish.
    andrew

?

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25