Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

?

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

My K98 sniper signposted SSZZA2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    For info on Sniper K98's please see here:

Zielfernrohr41-zf41/1

Makers were: ar, byf and duv only.

Cheers, Ade.
    Isnt that just with the Zf41 scope sniper rifle? or does it apply to all k98 sniper models?

?

Info is just for ZF41 rifles

Hi, I am being offered this rifle. I would like to know your opinions on it.

Seller says it is matching, and has waffenampts throughout.

I will get better pictures asap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

My 1937 S/42 K98

maxi
    ?

Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

I recently came across a 1938 k98ss elite. The owner told me that the weapon was made by Mauser in Borsigwalde in a very limited run. Most prominent feature has to be the 25rd magazine, bringing total capacity to 30. According to a big collector the rifle was used by the LAH for parades and is so rare most museums don't have one. I have some pics but am a bit reluctant to put them online. Anyone out there with some background on this? Thank's in advance guys.

maxi

update

The owner agreed to let me post some pics so here goes.

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

These were color corrected to get the most detail.
    Last edited by maxi; 06-01-2011 at 04:26 PM.

maxi
    ?

Hey guys,

Did some more research and the magazine seems to match that of a mg13. I think it's safe to say these were not used by the SS for parades, wouldn't be very practical to shoulder as several people pointed out. I ran across a couple that were presented as DDR border guard rifles and this one is supposed to have been used in Vietnam by the NVA, apparently from the Robert Ball estate.

Best regards,
    maxi

The 25 round magazine is the same type as used on the Mauser semi automatic M1916 'Fliers rifle' used in early WW1 as an air to air weapon by German aircrew-extended mags were fairly common in WW1 ground use as a way of reducing mud and dirt being fed into the weapon in the trenches via charger clip reloading-the Lee Enfield No.III had a detachable 20 round mag issued towards the end of the war-the Mauser K98 type would have been intended for any similar conditions that may have occurred during WW2 (although this wasn't common for any long period of time unlike WW1).

I need help identifying this rifle. I just purchased it a couple days ago. The guy I bought it from said a friend gave it to him in the 60s. It has been hanging on his mantle since then. I believe it could be a Mauser 98, but very unsure. With my limited knowledge and the lack of identifiable markings, I'm having a very difficult time figuring out what I have. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?
    Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

?

It is an 1893 spanish mauser in 7x57 caliber.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25