Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Phase 1 of AOC Thompson M1A1 (current production) Purchase Complete!

Article about: I finally came to the reality of never being able to afford an original Thompson. As it turns out, I know the owner of Kahr Arms, who also now owns Auto Ordnance. He offered me a "very

?

Default Phase 1 of AOC Thompson M1A1 (current production) Purchase Complete!

I finally came to the reality of never being able to afford an original Thompson. As it turns out, I know the owner of Kahr Arms, who also now owns Auto Ordnance. He offered me a "very good" discount so I began the process here in the US of purchasing a "Short Barreled Rifle." Of course, the new production M1A1s are Semi-Auto only but because of the barrel length require the purchaser to obtain a Federal Tax Stamp from the ATF - a one time $200 charge.

First, I had to get the serial number of the rifle...which was on back order. It only took a few days short of 3 months but I now have it. Today, I finalized the required forms and mailed them in to ATF for processing.

The current processing time is right at 9 months so sometime after the beginning of 2018 I should finally be able to actually pick up the rifle, having paid for it in January of this year. The backlog on Form 4s are due to anticipated law changes for supressors during last summer when many people felt the presidential election was going in another direction. There were over 1 million suppressor applications submitted.

In any case, I've got several thousand rounds of .45 cal ball ammo and a bunch of extra magazines waiting as well as an original sling. At my age, you never wish away months, especially warm months, so I will patiently wait the arrival.

Good things come to those who are prepared to wait!

?

Excellent choice for those not wanting to spend $25K. It looks awesome and should display well and getting the ability to take her to the range to boot. Win Win there!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Nice. VERY NICE!!!!

Years ago I almost bought an Auto Ordinance 1911. Kicking myself now for not doing it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

You might have to alter the magazine catch, enlarge it a bit to fit properly in the mag well. The pre Kahr I had to elongated the hole in the mags to get it to lock in. Sold it and got a Colt 1921/28 Navy Thompson 20 years ago when I moved to Arizona.
    Last edited by samnev; 05-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.

?

Quote by samnev View Post
    You might have alter the magazine catch, enlarge it a bit to fit properly in the mag well. The pre Kahr I had to elongated the hole in the mags to get it to lock in. Sold it and got a Colt 1921/28 Navy Thompson 20 years ago when I moved to Arizona.
    Thanks! That issue still exists. It's my understanding that even the Kahr sold mags have to have the hole elongated to fit properly. I may opt to swap out the catch itself with an original but some people have said that even that won't solve the problem. With the wait time on the Form 4, I won't have to worry about it though until next spring.

?

Took 6 months of waiting for the Form 4 Tax Stamp but I picked it up today. I live about an hour from the new Kahr retail store (and soon their production facility) so while I was there their armorer went over it for me. I hope to take it out to my range tomorrow and shoot it.

MAP
    ?

Awesome. I bet you won't be able to sleep tonight! That is unless it is in the bed next to you

Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

VERY nice!

?

I put 150 rounds through it yesterday. Lots of fun to shoot.

Phase 1 of AOC Thompson M1A1 (current production) Purchase Complete! Phase 1 of AOC Thompson M1A1 (current production) Purchase Complete!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast