Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picked up a couple of P38s.

Article about: This is probably old news - but quite charming in it's own way. Copy and following paste link if above doesn't work; The Guns of James Bond - YouTube Sorry Lith - cannot explain why it's not

Default Picked up a couple of P38s.

These are two that came into my posession.
    An AC and a BYF.
    Matching numbers - both with holsters.
    Both have wartime mags, one is serial numbered but not matching the firearm.

The serial and codes are visible for your information - they were both DROS'd so in all truth I don't care about the serial numbers being public.
    These one's are not worth what I feel they will be in a few years time so they are disappearing into my storage for a few years.
    Honestly if I were to buy anything right now it would be matching wartime P38's at $500 or so each, they are becoming less in number while the number of WW2 collectors is growing everyday.

?

Default Re: Picked up a couple of P38s.

Very cool. I love the way these look and feel in your hand. My favorites are these and Lugers. The Luger is sleek and graceful but the P38 is beefy and tough looking, IMO . Thanks for sharing!
    P.S.
    Have you seen the P38 knife?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up a couple of P38s.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Picked up a couple of P38s. 

OK - I want one of those daggers!

The P38's are awesome - I watched a TV show growing up in the UK, The Professionals, I think anyone here from my generation will remember it, the P38 inprinted itself on my psyche, great shooter, too.

Professionals (TV Series), The - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

?

You are stoked! And yes, I'm looking at getting one of the knifes as well. The handle looks similar, with the bakelite and the loop for a lanyard. I'm securing a Luger at the moment..I wonder if there's a Luger knife too?

My P-38 is frickin awesome to shoot. Very accurate and machined with the utmost attention. A fantastic piece you got there!

I've only seen One P-38 that had a matching serial number magazine. If Any P-38 is collectable, I would especially focus on finding those!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If memory serves, the blokes in 'The Professionals' packed Browning HP35s (although the villains had various weapons including MP40s in one ep!).

Yes - Lithgow you're right, I thought I was going senile - I have not watched it in 20 years, until I read the little piece at IMFDB - I pasted the link in my earlier post - Martin Shaw would often use the P38 - I guess this is where I remember it from.

?

Don't forget Ian Flemmings' 007 .Sean Connery used a Walther PPK. Although not a P38, still a nice gun used by the " enemy". There was much controversy about it at the time. Though P38's are far more macho than the PPK.

Bond originally carried a Beretta (probably in .25ACP as the Beretta M34/35s use the same rounds as the Walther PPK and 'M' described the new gun as a great increase in stopping power)-by the 1950s there was no handgun industry in Britain so he was going to be packing something foreign of some type.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast