MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00

Article about: Bubba changed the stock to a plastic folder,had a scope and ill fitting mount,took that off.CJA import no Norinco marking,bolt and receiver match, rest is mismatched,no bayonet but lug is th

Default Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00

Bubba changed the stock to a plastic folder,had a scope and mount,took that off,there is a sex bolt in place of the top cover pin that went through mount,will get a cover pin on ebay for 5.00.CJA import no Norinco marking,bolt and receiver match, rest is mismatched,no bayonet but lug is there.This will make a good beater shooter with no worries,the scope and mount are worth 50.00{a 3-9x32 illuminated scope and b square mount} so a 100.00 sks,how can you go wrong?Not sure of arsenal as part of triangle is under stock maybe 26?Need info on these short barrel sks,were many made and is this an average looking one?Were they made by one arsenal only?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00   Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00  

Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00   Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00  

Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00   Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00  

Picked up a shooter short barrel SKS,,info appreciated 150.00  
    Last edited by Toecutter; 12-10-2017 at 12:38 AM. Reason: text

I believe most, if not all of them were shortened after importation. I have a Norinco "paratrooper", as I hear these often called. Came with no bayonet but the lug was there like yours. A few minutes in a machine shop and a rifle length bayonet became a replacement.

Thanks for the info,appreciate it!

Here is a page that says the Chinese did the conversion at the behest of the importers.
    Paratrooper

This is another page with a lot of good information on the SKS and it's variants.
    Yooper John

Thanks carpediem for your great help,really appreciate it!

MAP
    ?

I have one of these Norinco SKS's. Not sure if it is just mine, but it shoots like crap. Keyholes the target. Put it away many years ago.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map all of mine are pretty accurate,not tack drivers but very acceptable,one thing about them they are a good design, never seen one jam!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Map all of mine are pretty accurate,not tack drivers but very acceptable,one thing about them they are a good design, never seen one jam!
    Mine couldn't jam even if I poured concrete into the receiver...It shakes and rattles like crazy.

Anyway, it was fun to shoot when I was younger and you could buy ammo much cheaper. Just couldn't hit much with it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

All of my SKS's Russian, Chinese and Yugo have performed flawlessly, Straight shooters and fun..G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast