Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

pistol holster identification!

Article about: Thanks for looking! I just picked this up at the local thriftshop, was labeled as "ww2 german pistol holster". Can't find a holster with this particular push botton tho, so figured

DerUli
    ?

Default pistol holster identification!

Thanks for looking! I just picked this up at the local thriftshop, was labeled as "ww2 german pistol holster". Can't find a holster with this particular push botton tho, so figured I ask you guys. Do you have any idea what the make is? And estimated value? Many thanks!

The snap button on this is like a civilian German canteen I have from the 1930's. I wonder if it is a commercial German holster?

Very small holster for something in the .25 cal ACP/6.35mm class like the FN Baby Browning etc-not usually a military pistol in German use other than a hidden 'hold out' ex civilian gun on active service-press stud closure is not typical of German military holsters either.

My imagination or is something stamped under the belt loop.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

That snap does seem like a canteen piece. I would assume a military model would have been stamped accordingly. Looks about the size of a PPK, HSC or 38H. Maybe a PP. Any markings under the flap in ink?

I'm thinking possibly a mauser model 1910.. .25acp

I would absolute LOVE for someone to create a ww2 holster sticky. These holster issues come up very often.

DerUli
    ?

Thanks for your thoughts guys!
    @bartonharley: you are right, the snap button appears on many canteens from that era.
    @walkwolf & JerryB52: the holster is void of any stamps or markings. So that means it's not a military holster?
    @UKCousin: it certainly resembles that holster in design except for the snap button.

What would be a reasonable price for an item like this? As the leather is quite dry, would it harm [the authenticity] to treat it?

Quote by DerUli View Post
    As the leather is quite dry, would it harm [the authenticity] to treat it?
    I would treat it with some beeswax and TLC, it would help keep the leather supple.
    Any value would be lost if the leather gets brittle and disintegrates

I've sold some random European holsters from the WW2 era for maybe $75. Perhaps more if you could identify the pistol. Try Jan Still Luger Forum and post to the holsters section. They can more than likely ID it for you.