Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Pistol/revolver thread

Article about: Thanks Taltom, I wish I lived in the last place god made! Do you want to share us some close-ups from your nice pistol shown in your avatar? @ Steve, For how much does a Steyr M1912 go for i

Default Re: Pistol/revolver thread

Quote by Nyles View Post
    British Royal Navy issue Webley & Scott Mk.1N in .455 Auto, dated 1914.

British SOE issued Argentinian Ballester-Molina in .45 ACP, with correct B-prefix contract number.

O

British Old Pattern No.2 Mk.I* substitute revolver in .455 Webley, purchased in 1915 from Garate Anitua y Cie in Spain.

Belgian Nagant M1878/86 in 9.4mm

Austrian Roth-Steyr M1907 in 8mm Steyr, marked to the 10th Dragoon Regiment garisoned in Krakow

Finnish army contract CZ-38 in 9mm Short

Italian Bodeo M1889 troopers model in 10.4mm
    Outstanding, fine handguns you got there Nyles....
    I especialy like the W&S Mk I and the Roth-Steyr. Are you in the U.S. ?
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Regards, Thanos.

?

Thanks Thanos. I'm located in Canada, actually. Here's a few more:

Japanese T-26 revolver in 9mm Japanese.

US Colt M1917 in .45 ACP

Yugoslavian Officer's Model Browning 1922 in 9mm Short

French Chamelot-Delvigne M1873 in 11mm, still widely used in WW1

German Luger LP08 with original 32-round drum, commonly known as the Artillery Luger

love that artillery luger always wanted one of those and a t26 Jesus how much did that cost

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    love that artillery
    Me too!!!

Fine handguns, Nyles!

Regards

Quote by Nyles View Post
    Thanks Thanos. I'm located in Canada, actually. Here's a few more:

Japanese T-26 revolver in 9mm Japanese.

US Colt M1917 in .45 ACP

Yugoslavian Officer's Model Browning 1922 in 9mm Short

French Chamelot-Delvigne M1873 in 11mm, still widely used in WW1

German Luger LP08 with original 32-round drum, commonly known as the Artillery Luger
    And the hits keep on rolling...
    Fine handguns...The Colt M1917 is oustanding...The officers's Browning is unique...
    You know, the Chamelot-Delvigne M1873-M1874 in 11mm was the the first breech- loading rev. of the Greeks fighting over 40 years in my nation's conflicts...
    As for the Luger with the snail-drum magazine... You must have paid a fortune for this magazine alone...Great Nyles...Great...You're very fortunate living in Canada...
    Take care...Thanos.

?

Thanks all. The T-26 actually wasn't very expensive - I think I paid $400 US for it, but the hard part was importing it from the US. Japanese pistols are almost unheard of in Canada, mainly because our contribution to the Pacific Theatre was short, small and unsuccessful. Took about 8 months all told!

The artillery Luger with drum I did pay quite abit for, although I feel I got a good deal nonetheless. I actually never knew the Greeks used the Chamelot-Delvigne, though I guess it makes sense as they were using the Gras rifle at the same time.

The officer's model Browning 1922 is interesting - I got it for a song, the seller apparently not realizing it was the officer's model, which is actually quite rare. I've never seen another for sale and I'm curious to know what it would bring, since there don't seem to be too many dedicated collectors of Yugoslavian firearms.

It's funny, as this site has a more European focus it does make me feel lucky to be living with Canadian gun laws - normally I hate it, as our laws prohibit pistols with barrels under 106mm or in .25 or .32 caliber (with some exceptions to each).

Well, how about a few more?

Finnish Luger M/23, with Continuation War (1941-44) era Tikka 120mm 9mm replacement barrel - which conveniently makes it Canada legal!

French St. Etienne M1892 in 8mm, first year of production

RAF-marked Colt 1911 Government in .455 Webley Auto & USGI Colt M1911A1, mistakenly serial numbered built in the range assigned to Remington Rand

Austrian Rast-Gasser M1898 in 8mm

Mauser C/96 Broomhandle, made 1905

Keep 'em coming, Nyles.

Nyles the M/23 Finnish is eye-catching...Do you think the notches in the left grip are adversary hits (like cowboys did) ?
    The French St. Etienne M1892s were also greek-issued weapons ; i have seen them in period photos and various greek War Museums.
    Very nice Colts. I admire them a lot, since i was issued a M1911A1 when serving my Army duty.
    Very good condition Rast-Gasser M1898; they were used too by the greek Macedonian fighters during the Greek-Bulgarian conflict for Macedonia during 1908s.
    Spectacular C-96 Broomie...
    Great Nyles, great...
    Take care, Thanos.

P.S. Do you know what is the cypher/stamp on the left side of M1878/86 Nagant ?
    P.S. 2 : Checking the sites littlegun.be & littlegun.info i found out that the interlaced double Ls, crowned, in a circle, was the marking of Belgian Gov. for King Leopold II of Belgium, denoting government acceptance and issue.
    Last edited by COLT 1911A1; 07-31-2011 at 11:29 AM.

bihans
    ?

I recently found a 8 barrel pistol here in Afghanistan. It appears to be older/antique but I know there are frequent fakes found over here. I didn't perform a close enough inspection to identify a brand/manufacturer but I was wondering if anyone has historical knowledge of what type this might be. The barrels were engraved with a nice design and it was clearly a revolver type pistol that separated between the barrels and the handle for loading. I'll have to go back and inspect closer and take pictures. In the meantime, does this sound familiar to anyone that knows historical weapons in the Afghanistan area? Thanks

hi bihans most of these afgan weapons are from pakistan where there are hundreds of people handmaking guns out of other guns

tom

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast