Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Pistol/revolver thread

Article about: Thanks Taltom, I wish I lived in the last place god made! Do you want to share us some close-ups from your nice pistol shown in your avatar? @ Steve, For how much does a Steyr M1912 go for i

Default Re: Pistol/revolver thread

I have a fondness for British and Commonwealth pieces.

Pistol/revolver threadPistol/revolver threadPistol/revolver thread

That is one way of putting it!

Default S&W U.S. 1917 .45acp Revolver

1917 S&W .45acp revolver

Please Note: hand grenades are INERT, Empty, No hazardous materials!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pistol/revolver thread   Pistol/revolver thread  

Pistol/revolver thread   Pistol/revolver thread  

Pistol/revolver thread   Pistol/revolver thread  

Default Named Japanese Type 14 Pistol

Here's an interesting earlier small trigger guard Japanese Type 14 pistol that is named to it's wartime owner. It's amazingly remained exactly as it was brought back from the Pacific by the Vet. The Pistol has it's original laynard, holster & shoulder strap, extra firing pin and also cleaning rod. This is a very long time for these items to stay together. The rice paper tag in lid of holster has the serial number# of pistol, and if I can remember correctly the name..... 2ndLt. Higa

A gentleman walked up to me at a gun show many years ago and asked me if I wanted to buy his gun he brought back from the war, obviously the answer was yes. It's one of my very favorite WW2 items that I've had the pleasure to be curator of for a while. I have the Vets name, but have not researched him or 2ndLt. Higa as of yet. Maybe I'll do this someday.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pistol/revolver thread   Pistol/revolver thread  

Pistol/revolver thread  
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 08-06-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote by oradour View Post
    Ingrid, a great idea, I'll post my only revolver to kick it off....its been seen before (I make no apologies for showing again !), my M83 (1883) Reichsrevolver and holster, in situ with some of my grenades, an M15 ball grenade and an M16 egg grenade. Although superceded by the PO8, it was still in use (especially by Artillery men) at the end of the Great War.
    Prost ! Steve.

Very Nice Reichsrevolver and German WWI grenades! great!..... I just posted tonight the American version of your photo!!......hope you do not mind me borrowing your pic Steve...but thought to be nice to show both photos together in one post.....

I agree, a thread great idea!! Thanks Ingrid!! I've really enjoyed looking at all the nice guns in this thread so far!

good lord zimm !!

and kilroy.....thats the coolest nambu rig I have ever seen !! the provenance behind it is a huge plus !

zimm very nice (large) collection there

killroy love the nambu always love them for some reason

tom

Quote by zimm303 View Post
    I have a fondness for British and Commonwealth pieces.

Pistol/revolver threadPistol/revolver threadPistol/revolver thread
    Zimm that is a huge arsenal. Well done
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by command450 View Post

and kilroy.....thats the coolest nambu rig I have ever seen !! the provenance behind it is a huge plus !

Thank you, I agree, it's a very cool rig...and a very unusual thing to see....will try to find info someday on Lt. Higa and also the Vet I got the rig from if possible....then the provenance will be over the top, and really be something very special....

lots of great guns in thread.....I love it!

Thank you also Tom!

?

Quote by COLT 1911A1 View Post
    Outstanding handguns Nyles...
    Your comments on the notches are right on target i guess...
    You wouldn't believe how many Montenegrins are dispersed throughout the Balkans. It was used by Montenegrins, Greeks, Serbs, Bulgarians, even from their enemies the Turks. The cartridges are obsolete and are a collectors find.
    Didn't know the Browning was still issued to Canadian Forces. I was issued a Colt 1911A1 when serving my Army duty in Greece made in 1945 as i recall.
    Take care, Thanos.
    Yup! A little OT I guess, but here's a picture of my kit when I was overseas. My personal Inglis is a 1T series, made in 1944, but the one I was issued was a previously-unissued 5T series made mid 1945, fresh out of war stores. When I got it it even had part of the WW2 Lend-Lease decal left on the frontstrap! Pistol wasn't quite as nice when I turned it back in, unfortunately - that Afghan moon dust is hell on weapons.

In keeping with the semi-OT theme, here's a few handguns not issued in WW1 / WW2 but still connected to various wars:

This is a Spanish Jo.Lo.Ar pistol in 9mm Largo that, while never issued to the Spanish military or any police force I'm aware of, was fairly widely used in the Spanish Civil War. A very unusual design, a straight blowback with tip-up barrel chambered in a hig-pressure cartridge, with a pivoting lever ("palanca") attached to the slide for one handed cocking. The idea was that the pistol would be carried unloaded but could be quickly brought into action one-handed. Accordingly, it had no safety, and no trigger guard to interfere with the lever. As my friend once put it, a whole collection of bad ideas!

This is a British Enfield Mk.II revolver in .476 Enfield, as used by the British army between 1882 and 1887, including the Second Anglo-Afghan War. This one, however, I've traced via serial number to the Canadian North West Mounted Police, who used them between 1884 and 1905, including the North West Rebellion by the Metis under Louis Riel and allied Native tribes. A great piece of Canadiana!

This is a Belgian Frontier Bulldog revolver in .44-40 (probably), made before 1893 by Freres Neumann (I think) for export to America. The idea was to provide an inexpensive holster pistol to compete with the Colt and Smith & Wesson guns popular at the time. Although it's a very simple pistol, it's pretty neat, and I justified it's purchase by thinking that guns like this must have been used in the Mexican Revolution, since they were at one time popular in the Southern US and since so many Mexican rebels had to purchase their own weapons. There doesnt seem to be alot of information available about Frontier Bulldogs, other than that they were made by 5 different companies, and mostly in .44-40. However, mine has straight cylinder walls, which suggests to me it's a .44 Webley or .44 Russian. I think it's made by Freres Neumann, as FN on the grips definately doesn't stand for Fabrique Nationale, and Neumann was the only Belgian revolver maker I could find with the same initials.

This a Webley & Scott Model 1910 semi-auto in .38 ACP, a commercial pistol pre-dating the Mk.1N .455 which was adopted by the Royal Navy, which I previously posted. Webley only made about 1200 pistols in .38ACP, in two models, the 1910 and the 1913. The 1910 was apparently the more common, but either way there fewer than 1000 made. This could potentially have been a British officer's pistol in WW1, it came with a leather holster set up for a Sam Browne belt, but I have no real proof so at this point its mainly wishful thinking.

This a Colt M1901 Army in .38 Long Colt, as used by the US Military during the Phillipine Insurrection, and, aside from the lanyard ring, pretty much identical to the M1894 used in the Spanish-American War. This is the one whose lackluster stopping power lead to the introduction of the .45ACP. Aside from that, the lockwork on these wasn't particularly strong, although mine functions just fine.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast