Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Pistol/revolver thread

Article about: Thanks Taltom, I wish I lived in the last place god made! Do you want to share us some close-ups from your nice pistol shown in your avatar? @ Steve, For how much does a Steyr M1912 go for i

Default Re: Pistol/revolver thread

Beautiful Radoms...
    Regards, Thanos

?

I just received this Star Modelo Militar 1920 in 9mm Largo, which was only made for 1 year for the Spanish Civil Guard, a national paramilitary police force - although I guess I don't really need to explain the concept on a European forum! Anyways, it's in really nice shape, all matching, and kind of an interesting design. It incorporates the slide mounted safety and cocking ears on the earlier Star 1914 and 1919 .32s, but is otherwise very much a 1911-style pistol. Interestingly the safety on a French MAS M1935S is identical - and was probably copied from the Star 1914s issue to French troops in WW1.

Also, it's not really ready for display yet, but I'm restorying this Colt Official Police, which was part of the British contract in .38/200 issued in 1940. The finish is original and it has the correct Woolwich Arsenal stamp beneath the rear sight, but the grips have been replaced and the hammer modified. I'm on the hunt for correct replacements.

Last edited by Nyles; 10-28-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Hitler's August Menz Pistol on display at West Point Museum...BILL

Edit International - Hitler's Treasure - Photos
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post

the big question now is "which bank to rob" thanks for sharing bill looks eceptional is taht the one pistol you don't have

tom

Quote by Bill Grist View Post

I'm sorry for the bad estimate...Is Menz instead of Walther No 9...
    BILL is absolutely right........

Quote by Nyles View Post
    I just received this Star Modelo Militar 1920 in 9mm Largo, which was only made for 1 year for the Spanish Civil Guard, a national paramilitary police force - although I guess I don't really need to explain the concept on a European forum! Anyways, it's in really nice shape, all matching, and kind of an interesting design. It incorporates the slide mounted safety and cocking ears on the earlier Star 1914 and 1919 .32s, but is otherwise very much a 1911-style pistol. Interestingly the safety on a French MAS M1935S is identical - and was probably copied from the Star 1914s issue to French troops in WW1.

Also, it's not really ready for display yet, but I'm restorying this Colt Official Police, which was part of the British contract in .38/200 issued in 1940. The finish is original and it has the correct Woolwich Arsenal stamp beneath the rear sight, but the grips have been replaced and the hammer modified. I'm on the hunt for correct replacements.

Wonderfull handguns Nyles...
    The Star Md 1920 is a beauty...Once you get rid of the otherwise excellent-for-modern-revolvers Pachmayer rubber grips the Colt will look astounding...
    Regards, Thanos.

Thanks for showing them, Nyles! Very nice!

Regards

Quote by Nyles View Post

Why not refinish it while you are at it ? The blue looks worn but from the pic there would seem to be very little or no pitting , it would be simple to bring it back to it's former glory completely.

?

Thanks for the kind words all!

I won't refinish the Colt for reason I went to the trouble of locating a gently used set of original grips (found some today) when I could have gotten some brand-new modern reproductions cheaper - I want my guns original! I bought this one because British-contract Offical Polices are incredibly hard to find, but if it had been refinished I wouldn't have, as for me that's too far gone.

Wow. I've just gone through the previous 20 pages, and it's great to see
    all these wonderful handguns and amazing collections !

Keep them coming.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast