Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Please help ID this holster

Article about: Hi all, Long time lurker, fresh poster. I have a holster that I'd like some help identifying. It fits a Browning Hi Power (P35) and magazine perfectly. Black leather, full flap, brass hardwa

Default Please help ID this holster

Hi all,

Long time lurker, fresh poster.

I have a holster that I'd like some help identifying. It fits a Browning Hi Power (P35) and magazine perfectly. Black leather, full flap, brass hardware. It is very similar the the holster featured on the cover of the Blue Book of Gun Values about 3 or 4 years ago. I have shown it next to a WW2 1911A1 holster for a size comparison.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help ID this holster   Please help ID this holster  

Please help ID this holster   Please help ID this holster  

Default Re: Please help ID this holster

Hi Rock,
    Pre WWII Belgian military High Power holster. You can see some here listed for sale in the holster section under Browning F.N. Items
    www.Collectorfirearms.org
    Cheers,
    Jason
    I like M14's too
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...e-jungle-3847/

Default Re: Please help ID this holster

Jason, you Rock! Thanks for the help.

Quote by Jason L View Post
    Hi Rock,
    Pre WWII Belgian military High Power holster. You can see some here listed for sale in the holster section under Browning F.N. Items
    www.Collectorfirearms.org
    Cheers,
    Jason
    I like M14's too
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...e-jungle-3847/

Resurrecting an old thread because I have a similar question and this thread popped up on search.

A friend gave me this holster nearly twenty years ago and I didn't even know it was for a Belgian Hi-Power until I asked that question a few years ago on another site. I've looked around the net and have seen varying opinions about what constitutes a pre-war v. post-war variant. Apparently pre-war holsters are "rare" or so I have read on the net FWIW. The site linked above lists a pre-war holster at a hefty price, yet similar looking holsters are listed on eBay and elsewhere for much less. I'm wondering if there is any consensus about what differentiates between pre/post-war holsters or if it even matters? I've seen pics of others that have no rivets on the belt loop, others with two rivets like this one and some have three. The inside flap of mine is stamped "Gie" (maybe "Gle"?) and what appears to be a serial number "G 12xxx". No year or other kind of acceptance mark is seen. Any thoughts?

Please help ID this holsterPlease help ID this holster

My only thought is that now I need a prewar Hi Power to stuff inside my holster. Ha. And I know that as soon as I sell this holster, one will cross my path.

I'd love to know how common these were/are, and a true value.

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    My only thought is that now I need a prewar Hi Power to stuff inside my holster.
    I've had similar thoughts, though it's beyond my "discretionary spending" at the moment. [sigh] But who knows what might turn up at some point?

I'd love to know how common these were/are, and a true value.
    Maybe a knowledgeable collector will chime in at some point. I'm hoping the international draw of this site will produce that opinion.