Become our sponsor and display your banner here

please identify the part of the weapon

Article about: hi friends, this piece of weapon found my friend detector and we can't identify it, please help?

?

Default please identify the part of the weapon

hi friends, this piece of weapon found my friend detector and we can't identify it, please help?please identify the part of the weaponplease identify the part of the weaponplease identify the part of the weaponplease identify the part of the weaponplease identify the part of the weaponplease identify the part of the weapon

It is a rifle bolt.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.... 'A Salford Pal: Pte Thomas Jay.'

?

yes harry i already know but i want to find out which is the weapon

It may be too far gone to be able to tell. From the length of the bolt handle, I'd make a wild guess that it was from an Italian Carcano rifle of some type, possibly an M91. That's very much a stab in the dark, though.

Regards, B.B.
    ''Everyday you think of living. We are born to die, but I appreciate life. We live day by day, and I always say: yesterday is history, today's reality, and tomorrow's a dream.' -- Henry Flescher, Holocaust Survivor -- March 14, 1924 - August 29, 2018

PRE
    ?

It's roughly similar to a straight carcano bolt, but is different in a number of ways.

That is a German VG-1 Bolt. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

beautifully presented...great photos AND a ruler to help judge size....and a "please" too - thank you

A complete example shown in the link below, rare item. Nice find!

Walther VG1 – Forgotten Weapons

?

hello friends thank you very much for useful information !!!