MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Police swoop on military gun collector as he drives to his mum's

Article about: Time to remember we all live in police states, and this is about control! No guns = you do what you're told. I seem to recall that gun crime exploded in the UK when private citizens had thei

Default Police swoop on military gun collector as he drives to his mum's

saw this article in the Telegraph on-line. Luckily the Judge saw sense and didn't get the weapons destroyed

Police swoop on military gun collector as he drives to his mum's - Telegraph

Default Re: Police swoop on military gun collector as he drives to his mum's

It's getting so that one day they'll charge you for thinking gun. Ridiculous!
    Of course, it would have helped had he not left them visible on the back seat of his vehicle....
    Tom

?

Jeebus, all that because someone who was snooping around the car saw a stock covered by a blanket?

Good to see that common sense still prevails, would have been a shame to have the guns destroyed, and the owner would be down a few thousand quid!

EDIT - Stug, it says only the stock was visible from under a blanket. So they weren't exactly on display.

Nitram

Quote by StuG III View Post
    It's getting so that one day they'll charge you for thinking gun. Ridiculous!
    Of course, it would have helped had he not left them visible on the back seat of his vehicle....
    Tom
    The reality of life in modern Britain don't you just love it! I am surprised they escaped the furnace/crusher or whatever else they do these days

didn't know that a 1954 Wolseley Six Eighty was viewed as the terrorist transport of choice

Silly bugger leaving them on the back seat of his car to be honest. Ok, they were partially covered up, but he should have known better, if only from the point of fact that his '£3,000 machine gun' could have been nicked !

?

Really it was a bit silly to have them on the rear seat, and he should have known better if he was a regular re-enactor, theres an old saying out of sight out of mind, theres no need to advertise the fact that you have weapons of any sort in your car, notwithstanding the possibility of some thieving bugger nicking them, but i still dont think he should have been charged with the offence once he proved what they were for, also it sounds to me that there was some form of payback involved here, just how many normal people go round looking inside peoples motors just for the fun of it hoping to find something, sounds a bit dodgy to me

Big Brother's watching you...

Rob

Err-the article said he was parked on a double yellow line-I would think that's what provoked interest in his Noddymobile-doesn't sound as if he's the sharpest knife in the drawer and it's worth remembering that a street vendor in New York helped foil a terrorist car bombing there a couple of years ago not to mention a similar car bomb attempt in London a couple of years before that...as has been noted it's the world we live in now folks.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Err-the article said he was parked on a double yellow line-I would think that's what provoked interest in his Noddymobile-doesn't sound as if he's the sharpest knife in the drawer and it's worth remembering that a street vendor in New York helped foil a terrorist car bombing there a couple of years ago not to mention a similar car bomb attempt in London a couple of years before that...as has been noted it's the world we live in now folks.
    Whether he's intelligent or not, that's still not a reason to mistreat an innocent member of the public. I parked my car in a no parking spot too, it got towed away and I paid a fine and got it back.. my fault, my consequence. He was just embarrased and dragged through the courts for nothing... it's disgusting. We have people in Calgary actually pulling real guns and actually shooting people occasionally, and the police and courts make a lot less fuss!

Anyway, the world was a lot more dangerous in the past, this hobby is a testament to that..

Rob

?

At least they said whermacht and not nazi

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast