Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

possible enfield sniper rifle that was murdered

Article about: I found this the other day at a pawn shop, he said he would let it go for 150\\$. Looking at it Im thinking it was a ex enfield sniper. What I noticed though was the ground off looking deal on

Default possible enfield sniper rifle that was murdered

I found this the other day at a pawn shop, he said he would let it go for 150$. Looking at it Im thinking it was a ex enfield sniper. What I noticed though was the ground off looking deal on the barrel. I don't know though even if its worth the 150 bucks the way it is. Thoughts please to help me figure this out, thanks! possible enfield sniper rifle that was murderedpossible enfield sniper rifle that was murderedpossible enfield sniper rifle that was murderedpossible enfield sniper rifle that was murderedpossible enfield sniper rifle that was murdered

any thoughts?

MAP
    ?

Was looking at this earlier. I had the opportunity to pick one up a few years back but passed. Kicking myself now.

I don't know much about these but not sure why you think it is a sniper except if you mean the scope rail. I have never seen an enfield scope rail like this. Appears to be a sporterized rifle that someone bastardized by putting this rail on.

The typical Enfield snipers had a side mounted rail and am not aware of other variations. But as I said, I don't follow these in detail so don't rely on my amateur response. Maybe John (Guns Ltd.) or someone else has a more definitive answer.

here is the typical Enfield that I am familiar with. the first pic is I think a 70's version and the bottom is WW2.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

but to me the receiver, barrel and trigger mech doesn't look like an Enfield at all
    Attached Images Attached Images possible enfield sniper rifle that was murdered 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Sorry to say , But this is just a rifle that has been set up to use for hunting, The sniper enfield(MK4) did not use this type of scope mount. But it is what it is and it is just a military rifle that was sporterized to hunt with.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Wow you guys are fast typers. Michael is correct

SF Phil

didnt they make a few of these modded 303's to go to indonesia? Jungle carbine?

?

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    didnt they make a few of these modded 303's to go to indonesia? Jungle carbine?
    The MK 5 I believe. A totally different animal that looks nothing like the OP's rifle

The one you found is a No4 that's been torn apart, poor thing. It would take a decent amount of cash to get it back to rights to it's military form. Personally, 150 is too much for something in that condition, but I haven't hunted with a military rifle in over 20 years, my M1 made my shoulder lower than the other.

A jungle carbine, a No5 is a completely different animal, it wasn't a cut down No4 it was made that way.

The serial number has been electro penciled on, so no way to tell manufacturer from that. I can't make out any other markings from the pictures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast