Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Is it possible? Mg53 Vs Mg42

Article about: Hi guys, I found in a military shop an Mg53 with all the correct jugoslavian markings on it, the jugoslavian butt, but... there are also a lot of german waffenamt and looking with more atten

Default Is it possible? Mg53 Vs Mg42

Hi guys,
    I found in a military shop an Mg53 with all the correct jugoslavian markings on it, the jugoslavian butt, but... there are also a lot of german waffenamt and looking with more attention also the jugoslavian marking seems to be engraved on pre-existing markings. Maybe Germans?

Is it possible that this gun was a German Mg42 tranformed in a jugoslavian Mg 53 after the war as a war pray?

I read the tread about the difference between the guns but if anyone can post the pictures of this differences will be super!

Default Re: Is it possible? Mg53 Vs Mg42

Hi, I have posted about the differences in the two guns before on the forum here, but I don't have any pics. The easiest thing to look for is the lack of A/A sight mount on the MG53:

Need help! Mg42 / m53 - War relics forum- Military history. WW1 and WW2 military collecting, relics, archeology

Be careful of German stamps on a Yugo gun. Fake stamps are sometimes added! Guns made up from parts are possible though, but we will need pics to be sure.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you Ade, I'll try to get some decent pictures of the gun this weekend.

Hello, look at my topic about MG42 receiver types:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...-receiver.html

JBaum
    ?

Detailed information about the differences between the MG42 and M53 is also available at • Index page