Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

pre ww2 walther polezie pistole

Article about: got this in a trade 1930's mfg walther police pistol. " pre waffenampt" in 1929 walther set the standard for this format of weapon, i love the early war and pre war pp's. they have

Default pre ww2 walther polezie pistole

got this in a trade
    1930's mfg walther police pistol. " pre waffenampt"

in 1929 walther set the standard for this format of weapon, i love the early war and pre war pp's. they have a beautiful high gloss finish and the ol loaded chamber indicator. mid to late war examples had the loaded chamber indicator removed as it was dismissed as a novelty during wartime. also mid to late war examples tend to lean towards a production of rough machine marked pistols with a finish that of the cz 52 "matte parkerization"
    many other beautiful examples have been found. heres mine just for shits and grins
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pre ww2 walther polezie pistole  

?

Default Re: pre ww2 walther polezie pistole

Great guns and fun to shoot thanks for showing . Gary

here some more pics, bored zzzzzzzz up late with the kodak lol.
    nothin like a good ol walther pp though.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pre ww2 walther polezie pistole   pre ww2 walther polezie pistole  

pre ww2 walther polezie pistole  

Lugers...Mausers, Brownings....all very good, but you've Got to love a Walther...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Excellent.
    I always thought the PP vastly underrated and overshadowed by its smaller brother the Polizei Pistole Kriminal.
    Now go shoot it!

?

Great pistol in great condition

?

I love the compact and sexy look of these! I'm not lucky enough to own one but have a similar looking one. It's a Jennings .22 LR and I think it was copied from the Walther in a small way. Buyt DEf nothing CLOSE to the quality of the Walther. Thanks for sharing!
    Attached Images Attached Images pre ww2 walther polezie pistole 

?

With respect Dean, there is just no comparison between a cheap Jennings to a quality Walther.
    Design & manufacture is totally different (think night and day different, fire and water - you get the point).
    Jennings;
    - cheap cast alloy economy saturday-night-special type of gun.
    - striker fired.

Walther PP
    - Made to the highest pre-war standard possible and of the best materials available.
    - Hammer-fired.

Some Jennings guns might bear a passing resemblance to a PP/PPK near the muzzle area and the designer might even lean on the muzzle area design of higher quality guns in order to sell the Jennings, but thats it. I reqognize the fact, that to the untrained eye, many automatic pistols look alike and that the general lines are the same, but that goes for many generic autos without them being inspired by each other.