Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pricing a Gewehr

Article about: This is the book...despite the poor focus ! Prost ! Steve.

Default Pricing a Gewehr

Does anyone have a gewehr 88? What are the current prices for these rifles?
    For example, deactivated, all matching numbers and in good condition.
    Thanks.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Default Re: Pricing a Gewehr

Its this one, danzig made, Turkish marked, and seems to have the regiment and soldiers number.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pricing a Gewehr   Pricing a Gewehr  

Pricing a Gewehr   Pricing a Gewehr  

Pricing a Gewehr  

a nice german one will set you back £750 to £1000 (in the uk for a decactivated one) as the one shown is turkish i would say around £500-£750

Quote by talltom View Post
    a nice german one will set you back £750 to £1000 (in the uk for a decactivated one) as the one shown is turkish i would say around £500-£750
    Hi Tom, he wants 380 euros for it.

Hey nuno,
    I don't know the current prices in your country, but in that state, deactivated and turkish marked??
    I would pay no more than 200 euro, I wouldn't even consider buying that one because it is in a poor state.
    I bought a Lee enfield MkIII 1917 with all matching numbers with the bayonet(P1907) for 250 Euro, in superb condition, last summer.
    Deactivated rifles are rather cheap here because we are allowed to have bolt action rifles from 1888 till 1945 in working order without a permit(except ammo).
    If you like this one go for it, but I think there are beter gewehr's 88 around to be found...

Cheers,
    Steven

I payed 200 euros for mine and it's not deact.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pricing a Gewehr   Pricing a Gewehr  

Pricing a Gewehr  
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 01-03-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: pics added

These must have gone up in a price a lot since I last thought about buying one (about 5-6 years ago), when a UK spec deac was circa £200.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    These must have gone up in a price a lot since I last thought about buying one (about 5-6 years ago), when a UK spec deac was circa £200.
    jerry indeed uk prices imo have gone to absurd levels for a lot of guns i paid a year ago £220 for a k98 now there £450 for a russian capture one p38s are the same and hard to find ones can command "looney prices"

Hi Nuno,
    I do like the Gewehr rifle but i must admit the one you show does need a really good strip and clean, the rust is showing everywhere i think the price should be lower than he wants for it. Ingrid, Lovely rifle you have there i would like one for the collection but as said they are holding there prices. Also Talltom, is the K98 really commanding that price now, i have,nt checked for ages on prices i got my old K98 for about hundred and fifty pounds years ago. as you said absurd levels.
    Dave.

Indeed, prices here in the U.K. have risen....it can also depends on which version...88,88/05 or 88/14..and of course condition. I have an unmodified 88, dated 1894 made by Steyr, which uses the Mannlicher style ammo clip...the woodwork is in salty condition, the metal work being the correct mix of white and blued, it has the Regimentals "1. G.R. 12. 209" (although crossed out, the norm when de-commisioned) which is for "1. Garde-Regt. zu Fuß (Potsdam, Garde-Korps) 12th Company, 209th weapon". The going rate here is around £400 + (and it will be a Deac !).....IMO I would not buy a Turkish marked one, unless it was very cheap. I recommend the book " A collectors guide to the German Gew 88 Commision rifle" by Paul.S.Scarlata, a must if you own a Gew 88 !
    Prost ! Steve.

Last edited by oradour; 01-03-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast