Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

PU scope original??

Article about: I am just wanting to se what others think about this PU scope, it is undated and has the markings shown - is this an original or one of the various repro or post-war ones out there? Thank yo

Default PU scope original??

I am just wanting to se what others think about this PU scope, it is undated and has the markings shown - is this an original or one of the various repro or post-war ones out there?
    Thank you

[IMG][/IMG]

?

Default Re: PU scope original??

Original. Produced in 1943 in Kazan
    Was refurbed postwar

Thanks for that, I guess that means the whole rifle was refurbished post-war (the scope mount is electro pencilled with rifle number) I guess?

?

The X in the block indicates the scope was refurbed - as most were. Here is a picture of the '44 Kazan the I have on my restored '43 Tula ex-sniper.

Kazan only made about 7% of the total number of PU scopes so you have a fairly rare version.

PU scope original??

Quote by MG42 cra View Post
    Thanks for that, I guess that means the whole rifle was refurbished post-war (the scope mount is electro pencilled with rifle number) I guess?

No authenticity on the rifle can be determined by the scope alone. Need pictures of the rifle!