Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Quality of KAR 98k by manufacturer

Article about: I was wondering if there was a great deal of difference in the quality of kar 98k rifles by manufacturer during the war. I have noticed some members prefer mausers made by one maker over ano

Question Quality of KAR 98k by manufacturer

I was wondering if there was a great deal of difference in the quality of kar 98k rifles by manufacturer during the war. I have noticed some members prefer mausers made by one maker over another. I realize late war production rifles were not finished as well as earlier ones but was there a difference in overall quality say between ones made from 1934 to 1942. Currently have 1940 coded 243 made by mauser Borsig I believe and was wondering it stacks up with those of other manufacturers of the time period.

Default Re: Quality of KAR 98k by manufacturer

By my experience, a 1940 by any manufacturer should be just fine. I've only Really noticed significant differences on late 1943 on up rifles. The 98K was pretty much high quality by any of the various companies until that date. Between 34 to 42? No significant differences. Some names have a better reputation and mystique to them, but realistically, any differences in quality are negligible. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for your reply. Gaining valuable knowledge from you guys.

Cannot believe more aren't jumping in on this thread.

I think it is becasue William has pretty much summed it up. Nothing really to add.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I see you have asked advice on Gunboards Forum too,maybe you will get some other opinions there.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I see you have asked advice on Gunboards Forum too,maybe you will get some other opinions there.
    Yes Zwerge indeed I did. Received some strong opinions and did appreciatethe feedback. Many liked the Sauer examples. Thank god I have my father in laws It is about 95 percent. You seem to really know your stuff. Check out my thread on rem. model four if you have knowledge of these autoloaders. Thanks for replying.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I think it is becasue William has pretty much summed it up. Nothing really to add.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for replying Ade. Appreciate wealth of info from you guys. Just wish there was not so much fakery out there