Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

question on Mosin Nagant

Article about: Hi guys, he has sent a couple of pics, I dont think it is a T version with the cocking handle straight out, any thoughts from anyone? Cheers

Default question on Mosin Nagant

Chaps, I have the chance to buy a 1943 Mosin Nagant, the wood work is not a refurb one but nice wood, all matching numbers with a bayonet. He says its a "T" version which was a sniper one. Is this correct? Does it affect the value at all? How much should I be paying for it? I have seen the ex arsenal ones at Ryton for £155. Anyone any ideas? Sorry guys no pics but I have seen it, its from the same chap as the SMLE and it an ex firer.

Cheers
    Ben

?

Default Re: question on Mosin Nagant

question on Mosin Nagant
    Unfortunately I dont know anything about the "T" version, sorry. 155 sounds normal for what prices are at nowadays. Here in Arizona Cabelas sells them for $199 USD, but prices are slowly going back to where they should be, at about $100-$120 USD. Its a mass produced rifle, over 35 million were made so there are rare versions but they don't affect the price much. Its not hard to find a 1943 (i saw one yesterday at Cabelas) and as long as the bayonet fits snug it should be good.

Hi Ben,
    The Sniper version has the bolt coming down the side of the rifle as with the normal version that points out to the side, i have seen sniper versions go for a good few hundred pounds ie, up around four or so they are expensive but if it is right and you can get it for a good price go for it, it can only go up in value best of luck in getting it. I would love to see some pics.
    Dave.

Many thanks for the reply guys, Dave he wants £190 so I might go for, its real nice condition
    Ben

Hi Ben,
    At 190.00 you cant go wrong mate if it is a sniper it would make a great addition to your collection, i have a 1917 M,N. and a 1942 carbine version but would love a sniper. best of luck in getting it send some pics our way after.
    regards dave.

Dave I have asked him to send some pics, if it is I will pick it up next weekend, but in the condition its in I will probably end up buying it anyway
    Ben

Some good advice here. I had passed on a '43 dated example for a '23 dated hexagon barrel with beautiful bore and nicely finished stock - but I got lucky with that one. Good luck. NH

190 sounds good i have just paid 160 plus 30 for bayonet there are a lot around at mo brens were 150 alday long now they are 450 + thats why iv just brought Nagant

Is that from Ryton or another store? I have seen 1925 models at Ryton for £120
    Ben

From another store i found Ryton Nagants after i got mine only to find it was chopped by Ryton as they supply to the trade im happy this dealer laid it by for me without desposit Regards Don.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast