Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Questions About K98 Mauser

Article about: I was thinking about purchasing this k98. The barrel and the receiver are matching numbers. Everything else is non-matching. It is not a Russian capture, (so what is it)? The seller told me

Default Re: Questions About K98 Mauser

Are/were k98's widely reproduced

Yes, the main infantry rifle of Germany and their allies. I have a military shop that is close to me that sells the deactivated k98's for the same price as yours so it must be the going rate. For a deact. it will be very common for mismatched #'s. If there are many to be deactivated they are stripped and put into a pile before reassembly. Depending on who is doing the deactivation/assembly not much care is put into all the same parts being on the same a rifle.

Ty

I have asked them that.... They put all the parts that come on the rifle when they get it back where they were and they deactivate them at different times

?

Quote by Lt. Martin View Post
    the bore does not matter because it is deactivated, i have been to their store and it is legitamate. they have over 18 mausers (i am not worried about the sellers, they have a huge company and i hve bought from them many times).

the price is more of a supply and demand deal for me because they fully deactivate the weopens by welding a metal rod in the bore and they also take out the firing pin.
    I guess I'm confused. Why would you buy a deactivated bolt-action rifle here in the U.S.? I've seen fully-functional mis-matched K98's at gun shows for less money than what they want for this one.

Best Regards,
    Mike

Hello,
    For sure, $450 is too expensive for a mismatched deactivated K98k, especially in the US. If all parts (excl. the barrel and receiver) are postwar mismatched, it means that this rifle has a quite poor collecting value....and she doesn't shoot (the last thing that could at least justify a high price)....
    THINK TWICE
    THAT'S MY ONLY ADVICE
    Gnarls Barkley.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Go on the internet and search k98 dealers. I can't recall the name of the company but i have seen them recently for $550 and up with matching #'s.

Save your money for now and buy one that will fire. If you don't plan to shoot it at least you have a complete and matching rifle. As Mike stated go to gun shows and look there but just spend the money wisely.

Ty

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Go on the internet and search k98 dealers. I can't recall the name of the company but i have seen them recently for $550 and up with matching #'s.

Ty
    But NOT if the company is "Mitchells Mausers"

Richie

The people the mauser is from got the Mauser and deactivated it using all the parts that came on the rifle. They told me that most likely the mausers parts were probably put on during the war due to damage, malfunctions, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2