Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions About K98 Mauser

Article about: I was thinking about purchasing this k98. The barrel and the receiver are matching numbers. Everything else is non-matching. It is not a Russian capture, (so what is it)? The seller told me

Question Questions About K98 Mauser

I was thinking about purchasing this k98. The barrel and the receiver are matching numbers. Everything else is non-matching.

It is not a Russian capture, (so what is it)? The seller told me that when a German would die they would take the rifle and put other parts on them.

Is this true?

These are the only pictures the seller has right now. There are 2+ waffen amts. One is an early style waffen amt and the other is a later style.

Comments appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions About K98 Mauser  
    Attached Images Attached Images Questions About K98 Mauser  Questions About K98 Mauser  Questions About K98 Mauser 

Default Re: Questions About K98 Mauser

Quote by Lt. Martin View Post
    I was thinking about purchasing this k98. The barrel and the receiver are matching numbers. Everything else is non-matching.

It is not a Russian capture, (so what is it)? The seller told me that when a German would die they would take the rifle and put other parts on them.

Is this true?

These are the only pictures the seller has right now. There are 2+ waffen amts. One is an early style waffen amt and the other is a later style.

Comments appreciated.
    Lt. Martin, when you say they were you referring to the german's transferring parts? I have not heard of such things. Why go thru the trouble of transferring parts when you can have the whole rifle? JMO

How much are they asking for the rifle? Very available are complete matching rifles depending on grade and how much you would like to spend.

rgds, Ty

I can only spend $450 and that is what they are asking

Didn't the germans transfer parts?

Would the Germans change rifle parts frequently?

?

Quote by Lt. Martin View Post
    Would the Germans change rifle parts frequently?
    The only reason they would change a part is if the original part was broken or defective. Otherwise, there would be no reason to do it.

Best Regards,
    Mike

is there any way to tell if it was assembled post-war? (assuming that germans did it because nobody gave a definate answer)

I suspect the seller is telling a few porkies, and trying to dazzle you with 'amazing' facts!!

If it's not a Russian capture, then I'd imagine it's either had a few defects, therefor required replacement parts, or it's been assembled from a few knackered old K98's to produce one nice one!

If in any doubt buddy, just walk away! It's a lot of money to spend if your unsure!

Lee

?

How is the bore condition? A mismatched rifle like that is only worth about $350 max. if everything else is in good shape.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

the bore does not matter because it is deactivated, i have been to their store and it is legitamate. they have over 18 mausers (i am not worried about the sellers, they have a huge company and i hve bought from them many times).

the price is more of a supply and demand deal for me because they fully deactivate the weopens by welding a metal rod in the bore and they also take out the firing pin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast