Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

questions about my k98..

Article about: Hey guys, I got a great deal on this jp sauer/sohn 1941 k98. Someone sporterized it long ago to go deer hunting. My questions are.. 1. Wanting to see what is original and what isnt as far as

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151012_22_55_55_Pro[1].jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	892213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151012_22_57_37_Pro[1].jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	892214

So while digging through the safe again im throwing in a pic of my 1943 mosin and my 1899 mosin carbine...Last pic is a carcano stock I bought. Im waiting to find that sad, embarrased, sporterized carcano that calls my name.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Thumbs down

There is way to much wrong with this 98k to waste $$ trying to put it back to original. When your done you will still have a butchered 98k and you will have invested way more $$ (maby double) then you would have spent if you had just bought an RC.
    Sarge

From the color, I would say the bluing is not original.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looking at the bluing on the barrel I would say reblue...

I know the feeling about sporter rifles, I had an Enfield Mark 3 (given to me) that bubba got to. I thought about trying to make it correct, but it was too cost restricted. Sold the parts, bought a correct one.

Hardest thing about your k98 is that it is drilled and taped.

MAP
    ?

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151012_22_55_55_Pro[1].jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	892213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151012_22_57_37_Pro[1].jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	892214

So while digging through the safe again im throwing in a pic of my 1943 mosin and my 1899 mosin carbine...Last pic is a carcano stock I bought. I'm waiting to find that sad, embarrased, sporterized carcano that calls my name.
    I have a sportorized carcano...but may be a hodge podge of parts. Never looked closely. Got it in a bundle and into the closet it went....can look at it if you want.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's sounds great MAP thank you..... Guys these are more a labor of love for me. I simply enjoy doing it. Why anyone would sporterize these weapons and change an extremely functional design is beyond me. (except for the mosin nagant arch angel stocks, which look very cool)... Besides, it beats the hell out of doing crossword puzzles..
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

@Map... Model in looking for has a 21 inch barrel.. (model 38 fucile).. In either 7.35 or 6.5 mm.. Thanks again!

MAP
    ?

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    @Map... Model in looking for has a 21 inch barrel.. (model 38 fucile).. In either 7.35 or 6.5 mm.. Thanks again!
    I'll check it out and PM you. First I have to find it. Second...if it is what you want, would need to figure out the regs for shipping a rifle between states...

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Sent you a PM. The sporterized version I have turns out to be a TS with 17.75 inch barrel with non-matching bolt and re-welded and turned down bolt handle. Sorry...would have been happy to have given it to someone who could have used it.

Just read the pm.. I apprecite you thinking of me. Could have very well turned out to be the one I'm looking for. Thanks again!..gvp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast