Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

R.S.A Static Display

Article about: From a local branch of the R.S.A ... have been there as long as I can recall, My mates and I would play on these as kid's, 40 odd years ago, 2 Oerlikon's and a Bofor, was surprised to see a

?

Default R.S.A Static Display

From a local branch of the R.S.A ... have been there as long as I can recall, My mates and I would play on these as kid's, 40 odd years ago, 2 Oerlikon's and a Bofor, was surprised to see a wooden "bearing"(?) on the Bofor, cant recall seeing it before, I guess it would be Lignum Vitae? , an old friend who was a 3rd engineer told me once his first job as an apprentice in Durham was to clean the Lathe's after turning that wood for ship's bearing's/sleeve's R.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static DisplayR.S.A Static Display

?

Default Re: R.S.A Static Display

R.S.A Static Display

?

Some pretty cool weapons on display.
    The wooden bearing is interesting.

Brad.

?

Im actually surprised they have not been "hoisted" tbh Brad, not so much the Bofor Gun but the Oerlikon's .... The old serviceman's building (Naval) is in the middle of an industrial area, and pretty run-down, .... I remember also a TBM Avenger made into a slide ( the slide coming out the Torpedo doors) at a park not far from Napier, scrapped about 20/30 years back, by todays standards it was in excellant condition .... its a shame when you think back