Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rare Walther HP I just bought

Article about: Just purchased this Weather HP, a rare precursor to the Weather p38. It is my understanding that only 25 to 30k were made and only 20 to 30% of that number is found to have the waffenampt st

Default Rare Walther HP I just bought

Rare Walther HP I just boughtRare Walther HP I just boughtRare Walther HP I just bought

Just purchased this Weather HP, a rare precursor to the Weather p38. It is my understanding that only 25 to 30k were made and only 20 to 30% of that number is found to have the waffenampt stamp. I would like to direct you to picture 2 and someone tell me if the can make the code out. Depot stamp? Thanks for reading and I hope you guys like it. It is surely my crown jewel of firearms to date.

Any comments or questions are welcome as I am still researching everything.

Yo Cous..just in time for the 4th for a BANG

Since this is Pre P38..what would the production year be on this particular model ?

I have also heard that in quality the P38 was less to Jam during firing as with the Luger P08 .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice pistol. I found this from an online auction for a similar pistol. "The right side of the slide is marked with an “Eagle / 359” Waffenamt (Code for Walther at Zella-Mehlis)."

That's cool. I've not followed German weapons as closely as others, I never knew there was a pre-p38. Another thing I'll have to keep an eye open for the next show I go to. Really nice score

Quote by weller View Post
    Nice pistol. I found this from an online auction for a similar pistol. "The right side of the slide is marked with an “Eagle / 359” Waffenamt (Code for Walther at Zella-Mehlis)."
    Weller could you direct me to that site?. I'm having trouble finding examples with the waffenampt.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    That's cool. I've not followed German weapons as closely as others, I never knew there was a pre-p38. Another thing I'll have to keep an eye open for the next show I go to. Really nice score
    Where have you been, Paul. I'm in your neck of the woods again. Sept 30th if I'm still here, its you, me, Rossi and chopperman again for the militaria show.

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Weller could you direct me to that site?. I'm having trouble finding examples with the waffenampt.
    Sure. I'll send you a PM since it is a link.

Thank you, Weller!

Weller, the link you gave me confirms what I was thinking. The original HP came with checkered grips. The waffenampt stamped HP have been switched to p38 grips. Most likely to meet german military specs. That has been the case with the 3 examples I could find so far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast