Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real Mobsters Thompson 1928

Article about: For this year Liberation Day in Italy i gave my self a fine piece of weapon history, it is probably not the same configuration used by Allies troops fighting in our country, but that vertica

?

Default Real Mobsters Thompson 1928

For this year Liberation Day in Italy i gave my self a fine piece of weapon history, it is probably not the same configuration used by Allies troops fighting in our country, but that vertical front grip and the 50 rounds drum magazine really gives the Thompson a unique shape!

Last edited by lallop; 04-25-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Beautiful TommyGun. Is it all matching and Live?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice weapon! In EU, i suppose it's dea...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Love the look of these, Makes me think back to the film "Kelly's Heroes"

?

Those things climb up on you if you use a long burst.
    A nice weapon. They are legal to own in the USA without a class 3 license as an antique. IF you can Find one.

British used one. I would say, looking at the sling swivels.

Cheers,
    Emile

Early examples of the Thompson M1928 were supplied to British forces from the leftover stock from the original production run in the 1920s-'Gangster style' with the 50 round drums and pistol grip forestocks-early experience with it showed the rounds rattled too loudly in the drum mag for night patrols-were also heavy and expensive to make so the box mags became standard issue-there's also a well known photo of Winston Churchill handling one looking like a 'hood' with his pin stripe suit, bowler hat and cigar!http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...9376846538.jpg

the vertical grip is for sale on ebay now, is there a reason you sell it? as its original to the gun, unless someone is using your images from this post for the listing

Quote by phil337 View Post
    the vertical grip is for sale on ebay now, is there a reason you sell it? as its original to the gun, unless someone is using your images from this post for the listing
    I'm not convinced that the vertical grip is original to the gun. The edges of the woodwork are just a bit too crisp, probably a modern repro. Still a nice gun though.

?

These "Tommyguns" have ALWAYS made me drool. They are extremely decorative.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast