Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifle

Article about: Hello everyone Here are some photos of my latest acquisition, a Remington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifle which was brought up to Weedon repair standard with volley sights removed and

?

Default Remington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifle

Hello everyone

Here are some photos of my latest acquisition, a Remington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifle which was brought up to Weedon repair standard with volley sights removed and probably a replacement barrel. It has an almost immaculate bore and looks pretty good all over. There are one or two Eddystone parts but the bolt is matching and I don't think it's seen much hard work. I've taken it out once and only to 50 yards but it's given me nice groupings apart from shooting low. I already had a nice Remington P13 bayonet, now I just need a nice British sling to complete it.

There is a strange stamp on the butt which i can't find any info on. Looks like 606 over broad arrow over possibly 52 within a circle.

Any comments welcome.

Alex

Remington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifleRemington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifleRemington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifleRemington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifleRemington made British Pattern 1914 Mk 1* rifle

Nice rifle - Just the way I like them:
    Used, but not abused.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That is great looking and like Steve mentioned "Just the way" they should be.
    Many years ago I picked up an ERA P14 that was sporterized. The action on these are smooth as silk and that badboy shoots clover leafs at 100 yard all day long.. I have a fond spot in my heart for these in full military dress
    Awesome pickup!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Nice one. Missing from my collection!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the replies gents.

Phil,
    I was amazed at how smooth the action is. Its smoother than my SMLE and No4 and I thought they were meant to be the "slickest".

Alex

Very nice. Tried to find out how many Remington made. Will check other sources I think of.

Damn fine old rifle, getting way harder to find...

Went to an old guys house (trailer actually ;-) in the boondocks one night to buy a Walther, can't remember exactly what it was... Old vet in a wheelchair, anyway, he had every kind of battle rifle standing up against the wall of the dark living room, I couldn't see what they all were, British, German, US, piles of foreign contract Mausers. It was wall to wall rifles all four sides of the room, "all for sale". I just got the piece I wanted, shot the breeze for a while and left. Never went back, still kick myself to this day, I kick myself a little bit more every day...

?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Very nice. Tried to find out how many Remington made. Will check other sources I think of.
    I've read that there was about 1.2 million P14s made in total. Winchester 235000, Remington 400000 and Eddystone 600000.

?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Damn fine old rifle, getting way harder to find...

Went to an old guys house (trailer actually ;-) in the boondocks one night to buy a Walther, can't remember exactly what it was... Old vet in a wheelchair, anyway, he had every kind of battle rifle standing up against the wall of the dark living room, I couldn't see what they all were, British, German, US, piles of foreign contract Mausers. It was wall to wall rifles all four sides of the room, "all for sale". I just got the piece I wanted, shot the breeze for a while and left. Never went back, still kick myself to this day, I kick myself a little bit more every day...
    This one took me a while to find. Most of the ones I looked at had something to put me off, too expensive, stocks messed with, non matching bolts or worn out bores. Apparently only about 10 years ago they were plentiful and fairly inexpensive....not anymore.

That trailer sounds like a dream. I've only come across a similar situation once before and like you I failed to take advantage.

Alex

Just chalk it up to memories... Your patience obviously paid off. I'm terribly picky myself. I like honest wear a lot, but there's quite a few little things that can turn me off about a piece, any kind of tampering for a start, replaced parts, etc.

The Eddystones got a bum rap for some reason. There was a local gun shop years ago that had a big sign on the wall saying they wouldn't work on them, serial number xxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast