Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!

Article about: Unbelievable that they are just throwing these things away ! Surely the guys relatives must know they have a re-sale value ??? Just doesn't make any sense....... Still....your gain !

Default Re: Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I wonder if this was done intentionally to keep it from functioning ?
    Someone with the know-how will tell you how to fix it.

If it has been assembled incorrectly, it should not be
    too hard to put it right again.........
    That is exactly what I was thinking.... But with that being said, if it was put together incorrectly, there has got to be a way to reverse it.

I'm going to bring it to my friendly neighborhood gunsmith tomorrow.

?

JEDEM DAS SEINE

I'LL TRY THAT, THANKS!

Update on the other rifles:
    I'm not sure if I posted this before, but the muzzle loader w sling is a 58cal Antonio Zoli & Co. made in Italy, and the other muzzle loader is a Connecticut Valley Arms, Inc. .50cal

?

This was/is not uncommon on the liberal east coast. My late father had a school buddy that ran a garbage hauling company ( Atlantic Sanitation) until the mob made him an offer to buy he had no choice in refusing. Anyhow he found a fair amount of pistols and longarms over the years in the trash - especially cleanups he was paid to do. He had several german holsters with magazines and one P08 pistol he kept.
    As well I had a retired friend in Bayville NJ whom his best friend ran a garbage truck and he found a boat load of stuff over the years...to include a G98/40 only missing the bolt and sight hood , and numerous WW2 pistols. Alot of older people back then were in fear of some existing and some nonexistant firearms laws and often pitched such things in the trash. I worked in a salvage yard in central NJ for several years back in the 80's and myself found a No4 enfield rifle , a ruby pistol , rusted beretta brigadier , numerous bayonets to include a real japanese pole bayonet.
    Many times cop friends told me of old people calling the PD's where they worked to come get some old guns they were afraid to have in the home. Many were saved that way unlike the buyback BS where they are destroyed irregardless of rarity and or collector value anymore. A buddy in upstate NY with a C&R was threatened with arrest for trying to buy WW2 arms from a line of dumbarses bringing in guns to a buyback scam run by the local barney fifes. Several Lugers and Nambus destined for destruction due to insane liberal jackarse politicos and their stooges whom took glee in enforcing same.

?

In short no. I encountered a handfull of jap rifles so 'jammed' This was due to a sharp blow to the safety - like a drop maybe where it clipped atable or step. Anyhow I always resolved this 'jam' by rapping it with a small plastic hammer until they popped back into position. I got some jap rifles real cheap back then due to that design flaw in arisaka's.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I wonder if this was done intentionally to keep it from functioning ?
    Someone with the know-how will tell you how to fix it.

If it has been assembled incorrectly, it should not be
    too hard to put it right again.........

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    You would be SHOCKED :PROTIP: If you decide to take naughty pictures of yourself or a loved one and then decide you do not want to keep them anymore... DESTROY THEM! DO NOT JUST THROW THEM OUT... our employees will find them...
    I'd like to tell you of the naughty pics myself and buddies found in cars being junked - often stuffed with unwanted bits form the yard/home. Some pics would cause you a puke attack and others...well let's say wow !. One of the worst was a local restaurant owner whose son was a cop...the old man had pics of himself wearing fancy womens underwear with various things up his bum. It was no surprise as everyone that new the guy felt he was a bit squirrely.

Thanks for the responses, gew! I wish there was a better way for me to prove this, so I appreciate your post backing me up.

The most disgusting thing I've ever seen come up in the trash are sex dummies. More or less mannequins with holes cut out in the mouth, crotch and rear... Someone was probably too embarrassed to throw it out at their home so they tossed it into our dumpster late at night when nobody was looking...

?

Joe, great rifle finds

i bet you love your job

Cheers Mac 66.

4md
    ?

Joe you are the ultimate picker, they should make a show about you

Quote by 4md View Post
    Joe you are the ultimate picker, they should make a show about you
    My act of "picking" isn't all that exciting... I kindly ask our employees to keep on the lookout for this kind of stuff while I work in the office operating the scales. When something comes in, they radio to the office and I run down like this:

What is amazing is when I work at the high school and don't go to our recycling facility for days or weeks on end. Sometimes there is a pile of cool stuff just waiting for me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast