Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Royal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VI

Article about: Hi The Royal Artillery shoulder title appears to be a good period example, does the wheel on the cap badge move? Thanks Cameron

?

Default Royal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VI

I just bought the gun with the metals at a small military show in Florida. It's an original unaltered 455 cal and all matching. VG-Excellent condt with a minty bore.
    The guy I bought it from said it was a walk-in that he had just bought a few minutes before and had just set it out on the table for sale when I saw it. He said the gun and the metals all came to together in a box. There are a lot of older retired Canadian folks in Florida and my guess it came down with one of them. He paid $550 and I paid him $650 which I think was also a good price . I showed the metals to a metal collector friend who was at the show and he said the metals alone could be worth give or take, $250.

Is there someone that can look-up the individuals serial number,#249394 and his name, J Miller, for me or advise me how and where to do it? Ray

Royal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VI

?

Default Re: Royal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VI

more photos
    Royal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VImore photos

?

Thumbs up Re: Royal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VI

MoreRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VIRoyal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VI

Hi

Gunner 249394 J Miller was killed in action on 24/09/1918, while serving with "A" Battery-298th Brigade.

CWGC - Casualty Details

Also the Royal Artillery insignia appears to be the World War Two printed economy issue, though I could be wrong. $250 for the medal and badges is very optimistic in my opinion, they would be worth more like in the region of £30-£50 in the UK.

Thanks

Cameron

Hi

If possible, could you please take some close-ups of the buttons?

Thanks

Cameron

?

Thanks Cameron for that information. If the insignia is a World War issue, That may cast doubt on whether the metals and the gun are original together. Then again there's always the chance family put together a memory box at a later date.
    Here's the back marks on the buttons to see what period they are. Ray

Here they are,
    #1 J.R. Gaunt @ Son, London
    #2 Smith @ Wright BHAM
    Ray

Yeah im not sure if a Gunner would have been issued with a revolver, although there is a chance that it was a souvenir. Any way, as it stands as a lot I would say you got a good deal

?

Buttons

Royal Artillery I'd Webley Mk VI

Hi

Thank you for the extra pictures Ray, the first button appears to be a good Kings crown example, though how old I do not know. The second button is a Queens crown example so I pretty sure that it is post-1953.

There are more experienced collectors of badges on this forum so I could be well of the mark.

Thanks

Cameron

?

What is the metal?

Well it looks like the metals are not related to the gun and if that's the case I wouldn't be keeping them as I don't collect insignias/metals, Ray

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast