Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ruby type 7.65mm pistols

Article about: Does anyone know if the Brits used "Ruby" types also? I read somewhere that they did. Spain made guns for about everybody, some excellent in fit and finish and some a bit better th

?

Default Ruby type 7.65mm pistols

Does anyone know if the Brits used "Ruby" types also? I read somewhere that they did. Spain made guns for about everybody, some excellent in fit and finish and some a bit better than fishing sinkers.

Here is a Vilar similar to one on another post. There are many variations and several that look just like this one. Some have small differences in lanyard loops and slide serrations and some look noticibly different. The gun is rought but it was prob used in the trenches of WWI and possibly in WWII.

Default Re: Ruby type 7.65mm pistols

I have never heard of the British using any Spanish Ruby type pistols, But the Finns purchased 10,000 of the Ruby type pistols and called it the Model 19, Italy purchased many 1000s in WW1... Serbia, and Yugoslavia purchased Ruby type pistols after WW1 in large amounts as did other Balkan States.....BILL

Listed below are a few of the Trade names that Spanish Ruby pistols were made under or by..

Arizaga (manufacturer: Gaspar Arizaga)
    Beistegui Hermanos (manufacturer: Beistegui Hermanos)
    Bolomburu
    Bristol
    Cebra (manufacturer: A. Zulaika)
    Doc
    Ideal
    Leturiondo (manufacturer: Aldabazal Leturiondo Y.CA.)
    Looking Glass
    Marina
    Martian (manufacturer: De Martin a Bascaran)
    Regina
    Retolaza (manufacturer: Retolaza Hermanos)
    Rex
    Salaverria (manufacturer: Iraola Salaverria Y.CA.)
    Vendecor
    Victor Bernedo
    Zulaika (manufacturer: M. Zulaika Y.CA.)
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Thanks Bill
    I had seen a WWI grouping of a British soldier with a Ruby but he might have traded for it or picked it up. I know the Brits had Spanish OP Mk1s. I'll see if I have a pic.

a friend has a similar spanish pistol (picked up during the civil war by his grandfather) with a very large capacity double column magazine, can't recall the maker.