Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian capture K98

Article about: this is a Russian capture K98 that i picked up at a show this past weekend it is a Russian capture that was give to the viet cong to fight the french probly in the 50s and it was brought bac

Default Russian capture K98

this is a Russian capture K98 that i picked up at a show this past weekend
    it is a Russian capture that was give to the viet cong to fight the french probly in the 50s and it was brought back by a U.S. Sgt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian capture K98   Russian capture K98  

Russian capture K98   Russian capture K98  

Russian capture K98   Russian capture K98  

Default Re: Russian capture K98

i forgot one mark i had a question about it looks like a WII i dont know wat it is for
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian capture K98  
    Last edited by MR MATT; 02-27-2010 at 03:42 AM.

The mark might have been put there by the vietcong but other than that I have no clue

no its not a VC mark I had a rifle that was a WWII bring back with a very similar marking and someone said they believed it to be a barrel proof mark similar to a nitro proof on an english shotgun but I'm not sure. I love the look of this gun! It has just enough those light pits that come from humid conditions to prove the story! Nice example of a vietnam war booty slip also! A+!

thats so cool that it was used by some german,then he died or got captured it was either given to a russian soldier to use or put in a storage.then given to a VC guerrila who probably fought the french and US. then a us sgt bought or found it. Very cool and interesting story!!