Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian flare pistol

Article about: I have managed to pick up this Russian flare pistol and holster, but there does not appear to be a lot of information on them.Are the empty cartridges available? Any help appreciated, Peter

Default Russian flare pistol

I have managed to pick up this Russian flare pistol and holster, but there does not appear to be a lot of information on them.Are the empty cartridges available?
    Any help appreciated,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian flare pistol   Russian flare pistol  

Russian flare pistol  

Default Re: Russian flare pistol

It use standart 26 mm cartridge, in my country, you can buy them in all fisherman and weapon shops.

It looks to be in great shape! Congratulations.

Thanks for the replies, I'm really pleased I found this as WW2 Russian flare pistols are hard to come by here in the UK.I'll have to keep a look ouy for some cartridges.
    Pete.

Quote by phoenix View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I'm really pleased I found this as WW2 Russian flare pistols are hard to come by here in the UK.I'll have to keep a look ouy for some cartridges.
    Pete.
    Not cheap.

Hi Peter, that is a nice buy! Never seen any cartridges here.

Cheers, Ade.

There are places on line where you can pick them up. Having them mailed to you over there.......? Ron

Here is a sample of flare shells. Hope it helps. But as I stated before,I',m not sure you can get them there. Results for 26.5mm Flares and Pistols Ron

Thanks for the reply Ron, no chance of importing them here unfortunately.Ownership of flare pistols was not a problem at one time, now you have to have a valid reason, i.e. a boat and you have to be licenced.This came about, because people were sleeving the pistol and using them to fire shotgun cartridges! The crazy world we live in.I'm sure some will turn up when I least expect them,at least I now know what to look for.Thanks for you reply Ade, if anybody knew of them here I thought you would have a good idea,
    Pete.