Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian or polish ppsh41 bolt

Article about: Can anyone tell me if any of these are Russia n. Bolt for ppsh41? Thanks ..I cant find any good pictures of any. I'm sorry if pictures are backwards. The hand in picture is not mine...ha!

?

Default Russian or polish ppsh41 bolt

Can anyone tell me if any of these are Russia n. Bolt for ppsh41? Thanks ..I cant find any good pictures of any. I'm sorry if pictures are backwards.

The hand in picture is not mine...ha!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian or polish ppsh41 bolt   Russian or polish ppsh41 bolt  

Looks like it could be Chinese. They did make a licensed copy, known as the Type 50. Can't think of what else those markings could represent, but I'm sure there's someone here who can.

Regards, B.B.

?

Thank you for response. I have these two options for a dummy ppsh41 just was hoping one was close to russian

I may very well be wrong. But a lot of those characters don't look Russian or Polish to me. The Type 50 was essentially identical to the Russian PPsh, as it was a directly licensed copy. Assuming that's what this bolt is from, of course.

B.B.

?

I'm sitting here looking on the internet for type 50 markings and i can't find anything either. Your guess is as good as mine. I figured the one with all those markings could be ww2 but still not sure

The '42' may very well indicate the year of manufacture. It can be difficult to pull up specific info on Eastern Bloc weapons, as they tend to have been made by dozens of manufacturers. Just look at all the variations of the Kalashnikov. I hope someone comes along soon who can solve this mystery.

Regards, B.B.

?

Very true. I know war time manufacturing they sometimes got crazy on the markings. Be interesting what someones thoughts are

?

Anyone have a idea?

looks certainly russian to me, serial number looks like the russian format, letter prefix, and the acceptance stamps look russian too

?

I thought so. Looks like war time acceptance stamps to Me. I just wanted another thought on it. Thank you for your response