Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian TT33 Tokarev 1939

Article about: Just picked up this 1939 Tula made, all matching (except magazine) Russian TT33 pistol. Came with holster, belt and spare magazine. These are not too common in the States without the post 19

Default Russian TT33 Tokarev 1939

Just picked up this 1939 Tula made, all matching (except magazine) Russian TT33 pistol. Came with holster, belt and spare magazine. These are not too common in the States without the post 1968 needed Import mark and addded safety lever. Most likely brought home by a veteran.

Default Re: Russian TT33 Tokarev 1939

Oddly enough, despite the fairly restrictive gun regs here in Australia the Tokarev TT33s are imported without having any type of safety fitted-pre war, wartime and post war examples are readily available here-I have a 1952 example and thinking of getting an earlier one with the large cocking serrations on the slide/timber grips etc. Service Makarovs with fixed sights are also allowed here.

From what I have read here and else where, Tokarevs are easily found. Own Polish, Romanian, and Yugoslavian versions of TT33. They all bear an import mark and the required added on safeties. Ones still in their original configuration are seldom encountered here in the US.
    The only other unaltered Russian TT33 I have seen here in the Midwest, was another all matching 1947 Izhevsk. Bought it from the Viet Nam veteren who brought it back with him in 1967. That was 2 seen in some 30 years.Here are a few pictures of that one.

Nice pistol! Thanks for showing.

Regards

?

But the holster is definately is a postwar example, probably some of the postwar conflicts supply?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks for the information on the holster. Have a half a dozen others, leather and man made material. They all came with various pistols. Maybe one of them is a WW2 example. Just started looking at these pistols as more than just shooters. Have cases of the ammo, and shoot them quite a bit. The 1939 TT33 fits in well with other Axis and Allied pistols I have. Is the belt WW2 era? Have several other Soviet belts, and this is the only one made of real leather and has the other end stitched to the belt.

?

Nice pre-war manufactured. Tula arsenal. You gonna love it, just give it a chance

The belt is latter production post-war 60s and up

here is a letter ww2 RKKA belt for privats, Not sexy. I know
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian TT33 Tokarev 1939  

?

The holster is early war time, here's mine with a 1942 date on it and my papered 1939 TT-33 like yours. Ray

Russian TT33 Tokarev 1939Russian TT33 Tokarev 1939Russian TT33 Tokarev 1939Russian TT33 Tokarev 1939
    Last edited by RayG; 12-12-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Ray,
    A handsome 1939 in very unusually fine condition for the year. Have yet to find any pistol yet with capture papers. Does your barrel/chamber appear to be chromed?
    Paddy

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Oddly enough, despite the fairly restrictive gun regs here in Australia the Tokarev TT33s are imported without having any type of safety fitted-pre war, wartime and post war examples are readily available here-I have a 1952 example and thinking of getting an earlier one with the large cocking serrations on the slide/timber grips etc. Service Makarovs with fixed sights are also allowed here.
    G'day Lithgow, you'd still need a pistol license though wouldn't you? or can you get them on a collectors license?
    Phill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast