MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

S42 p08

Article about: Hello all! I will post this again in this forum because i didnt got much views on the p08 forum and im looking for some infos : ) (just copy-paste) Just bought this, it is a all matching num

?

Default S42 p08

Hello all! I will post this again in this forum because i didnt got much views on the p08 forum and im looking for some infos : ) (just copy-paste)

Just bought this, it is a all matching number (damn..every single part, from barrel to magazine ) 1937 S42 p08 from the italian frontline, picked up back in the days from a young guy, and

made deactivated in the late 80's.

Would like to know more about it, the meaning of markings ext. This particular luger comes in a strange reddish color, that is kind of unknown to me. Theres is also a V stamped below the serial

number in the receiver, and a V stamped in the magazine, whats the meaning of this? looking forward for some answers.

S42 p08
    S42 p08
    S42 p08
    S42 p08
    S42 p08

The V stamp is the letter block of the magazine. They produced them in batches of 10,000 I believe then after 10K went to letter blocks. Nice matching gun from what I see. How does the deactivation work and why would someone have done this? It was produced by Mauser btw. I think your small parts should be strawed like loaded chamber indicator, trigger, ejector etc...

After the S/42 codes I believe Mauser went to 42 code then to a 40-42 code then right into BYF codes. Please correct me if I am wrong. The G date S/42 was before yours and K date before that. I do not believe that they did the eagle and swastica stamps until the 42 code.

Every pistol had 2 matching magazines. The spare was indicated with the serial number plus the letter block and a + symbol. Just fyi

Is a nice looking example. Had a "42" stamped one made in 39 I believe so member Jerry is correct. Too bad it is deactivated but nice having matching parts. Don't see as many here in shops lately and all-matchers going for close to two grand often.

The way things are you could part it out on eBay and GunBroker and almost buy a shooter grade luger if that was what you wanted

Out of curiosity what is done physically to the gun to deactivate it?