Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Selling Deact weapons

Article about: Hi all, can we in the UK sell deact weapons to Europe? I believe that dealers with a class three licence can but private sellers cannot do this, can anyone clarify?

Default Selling Deact weapons

Hi all, can we in the UK sell deact weapons to Europe? I believe that dealers with a class three licence can but private sellers cannot do this, can anyone clarify?
    Ben

Default Re: Selling Deact weapons

Hi Ben
    Selling de acts, and buying de acts from Europe is a very grey area, and one I would not venture into. It is a no no for an individual to buy or ship to the continent, but an RFD (Registered Firearms Dealer) can in most cases import a weapon to the UK providing the Export papers are filled out in the country of origin. All the paperwork has to match, and there are strict guidelines as to what can be imported.

In a word. Don't sell, and don't import, it is not worth the hassle it causes, trust me on this one!

Hi Ben, I would take John's advice on this.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi John & Ade, just an update this thread, just had a good conversation with a FA dealer within the UK, he was saying that you cannnot sell deacts to France full stop even as a dealer, their Laws are must stricter than ours as regards to deactivation specification and to Germany if the district where the guy lives in Germany allows the import of UK spec deacs and teh official sends you a certificate allowing that then it is then ok buy only on them terms, in Johns words it aint worth the hassle
    Ben