Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selling my deactivated Mauser.

Article about: Cheers for the info I'll ask that for it then.

Default Selling my deactivated Mauser.

Hi there
    unfortunately due to lack of funds i am looking to sell my beloved Mauser k98.
    could anyone on here give me an opinion of its value, in the UK. I accept people may think it to be junk in the US but unfortunately in the UK we cant all have live examples, which is such a shame.
    there are a few nice stamps and a date of what seems to be 41 on the receiver. the bolt dosent match. but it has a nice period re-pro sling.
    could anyone give me any info on this gun too, as it would be nice to know before i have to sell it.
    can anyone work out why the bayonet and cleaning rod section has been modified?
    anyone have any idea what the cut out marks at the underside of the stock could be for?
    and can anyone tell me what the star mark on the side of the receiver means?
    hope its not too much to ask,
    kind regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selling my deactivated Mauser.   Selling my deactivated Mauser.  

Selling my deactivated Mauser.   Selling my deactivated Mauser.  

Attached Images Attached Images Selling my deactivated Mauser. 

Default Re: Selling my deactivated Mauser.

The only explanation about the removal of the cleaning rod and bayonet section of the rifle is that it could have been modified post war for hunting or as a target rifle? Also, the modification to the stock might have been to mount a rear sling loop..... This is only a guess, if you get a price and are still looking to sell it, give me a shout as I've got an K98 stock in the loft that could bring this weapon back to its original state

Thanks

Danny

cheers Danny

?

Could the star mark be Edelweiss ?

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    The only explanation about the removal of the cleaning rod and bayonet section of the rifle is that it could have been modified post war for hunting or as a target rifle?
    Danny
    As far as the bayonet lug, it looks like this rifle has a very late war "front end", see pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selling my deactivated Mauser.   Selling my deactivated Mauser.  

Cheers guys.

so what would be the reason to modify the front end, is it a weight thing? interesting.
    the star mark is really intriguing, you say Edelweiss, was this common place. what was the significance of that emblem ?

cheers again.

?

Quote by winchester30 View Post
    Cheers guys.

so what would be the reason to modify the front end, is it a weight thing? interesting.
    cheers again.
    From Wiki:
    "Starting in late 1944, Karabiner 98k production began transition to the "Kriegsmodell" ("war model") variant. This version was simplified to meet wartime production demands, removing the bayonet lug, cleaning rod, stock disc (which functions as a bolt disassembly tool), and other features deemed to be unnecessary. At least two transitional variants existed, which incorporated only some Kriegsmodell features, and some factories never switched to Kriegsmodell production at all."

The odd thing about yours is that it still has the stock disc, also the markings are a little odd, maybe some of the 98K experts who frequent this forum can chime in.

Cheers WIKI
    i would sure like to know one way or the other. whats odd about the markings? cheers for the input.

Anyone know how much i could sell this for, Uk.

cheers

Given the condition issues and it is miss-matched I think £200 maximum.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast