Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Shooting a Hou Qiang (fire lance)

Article about: with the Gunny. The show will be on the History Channel this Friday. The Gunny is a real gentleman and a scolar as well as a Marine. Yes I mean that. He donates hundreds of hours of work to

?

Default Shooting a Hou Qiang (fire lance)

with the Gunny. The show will be on the History Channel this Friday. The Gunny is a real gentleman and a scolar as well as a Marine. Yes I mean that. He donates hundreds of hours of work to the US Military every year.

Default Re: Shooting a Hou Qiang (fire lance)

I will have to look out for the programme on British TV. What is the title?

Glad that the Gunny turns out to be a good guy. So many movie stars leave a lot to be desired. I have always enjoyed seeing him in films, "Full Metal Jacket" was great of course.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Glad that the Gunny turns out to be a good guy. So many movie stars leave a lot to be desired. I have always enjoyed seeing him in films, "Full Metal Jacket" was great of course.

Cheers, Ade.
    ADE, I have met Gunny several times and he is a great person.. He is always at SOS (Show of Shows in Louisvilly KY) every year and really goes out of his way for the Children.. Last year Salemburg, NC Native Jack Lucas a Iwo Jima Marine Medal of Honor Hero was at SOS next to Gunny, there was a long line to get Gunny's autograph and only a few to get the MOH's autograph.. He told the crowd that the autograph of the MOH winner is the autograph to get because he was a true real Hero... This speeks volumes about Gunny...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shooting a Hou Qiang (fire lance)  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

I was at that show and bought the book Lucas was selling and got his autograph. He died in June 2008, sad to say.

Quote by cool-e View Post
    I was at that show and bought the book Lucas was selling and got his autograph. He died in June 2008, sad to say.
    From MSNBC....

Medal of Honor: Jack H. Lucas - The Daily Nightly - msnbc.com
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Cheers, Ade.
    It is called "Lock and Load" Here is the link the producer sent me. I am not sure about British TV. There will be several interviews/shoots on the pilot. Hope you guys like it. Gunny is a great actor and a great person. He actually is not acting, what you see is pretty much they way he is. We had such a good time I forgot the cameras were running most of the time. I took the crew to a local BBQ stand unannounced and created quite a stir. He was very nice and must have signed a hundred items. I should have asked for his autograph.

Lock N' Load

I watched a horror movie late last night, "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" in which he played a Cop. It was his usual kind of role and he came to a sticky end!

Cheers, Ade.

?

I watched a horror movie late last night, "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" in which he played a Cop. It was his usual kind of role and he came to a sticky end!

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade
    I googled Gunny before I met him in person and was surprised just how many movies he made, but I rarely go to the movies. Full Metal Jacket and On Deadly Ground were the only two I remembered before the google. Of course Mail Call was my favorite. He puts on quite a show.
    Here are a couple of pics of some we shot. I thought I had one of the other wooden tiller hand goone but do not see it. I did not see the metal tiller gun on film.