Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Small but Exciting Find

Article about: I've been searching for an Enfield No. 5 to add to my collection for some time now, and last night I ended my search, bring home a No. 5 I won on an on line auction. Unfortunately, it came w

?

Default A Small but Exciting Find

I've been searching for an Enfield No. 5 to add to my collection for some time now, and last night I ended my search, bring home a No. 5 I won on an on line auction. Unfortunately, it came with a sling from an SKS or something similar. So, this morning I drove to the local MilSurp shop (everyone has one, right?) to see if I could find a sling in their bins. I found a box that contained a half dozen or more No. 4 spike bayonets, but no slings were to be found. As I was heading out, I passed a small glass display case and was surprised to see an Enfield cleaning kit, the type issued with the No. 5 Jungle Carbine. I asked to see it, examined it; it appears to be unissued, there's even oil in the oiler. Trying to keep my enthusiasm from showing, I gladly paid my $5.95, plus tax, and went on my merry way. It's not war dated being made in 1959, but it will be a fine addition to my Enfield collection and will look great next to my new No. 5. Now, can someone tell me how the soldier would have carried this kit, in a cartridge pouch or in his small pack? Here are a couple of pics, take a look:

A Small but Exciting FindA Small but Exciting Find
    Last edited by gbalke; 07-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.