Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Smith & Wesson 'Pre Victory' Revolver in .38/200 Cal

Article about: As previously mentioned, here is my S&W Pre Victory revolver with Australian 'D^D' markings-blued with chequered walnut grips and silver logo inlays to a commercial standard-I believe th

Default Smith & Wesson 'Pre Victory' Revolver in .38/200 Cal

As previously mentioned, here is my S&W Pre Victory revolver with Australian 'D^D' markings-blued with chequered walnut grips and silver logo inlays to a commercial standard-I believe this may have been used as a vault gun with the Commonwealth Bank-it shows some storage wear to the blueing but appears unshot.
    To compare, here is my 1943 Victory with Parkerised finish and smooth grips in military finish-both pistols are superbly well made regardless of their finish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Smith & Wesson 'Pre Victory' Revolver in .38/200 Cal   Smith & Wesson 'Pre Victory' Revolver in .38/200 Cal  

Smith & Wesson 'Pre Victory' Revolver in .38/200 Cal   Smith & Wesson 'Pre Victory' Revolver in .38/200 Cal  

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting those pics. It's good to see a S&W revolver of that type on the Forum ; I have a 'pre-Victory' deact which I bought very cheaply many years ago. It's in OK condition - not as nice as yours - and just has Enfield acceptance marks. Fit and finish are still very attractive.

From various personal accounts I've read, these weapons had something of a 'cachet' and were coveted by RAF fighter pilots and paratroops, among others.

?

Nice pistol. I really like Smith & Wesson's

Both nice pistols mate!....

definetly going to add one of these to my list of to buy

Thanks for the kind words, gents-at some stage I'd like to get a US Victory model in .38 Super with the 4" barrel-as to the popularity of the S&W in British service, they're lighter, better balanced and always have a hammer spur for single action shooting unlike the Webley or Enfield weapons!
    And for those who like the S&W product and haven't seen it as yet, here is my .32 Long cal S&W civil pocket revolver early 1930s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Smith & Wesson 'Pre Victory' Revolver in .38/200 Cal   Smith & Wesson 'Pre Victory' Revolver in .38/200 Cal  

Arrow

Just went and found mine for a couple of quick pics....

Rather pitted, and certainly not the most sympathetic deact job, I'm afraid. But IIRC it cost me £45 back in the days of the Cheshunt Militaria Fairs, so I don't feel too robbed.

?

Very nice looking revolvers!! Thanks for sharing them with us!! I need to take mine out this spring and "exercise" it a bit.

Very good looking revolvers Guys.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Revolvers, because a real man only needs 6 rounds