Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smith & Wesson Victory Model for opinions

Article about: I picked up a nice condition S&W Victory model. The victory model was made during WWII from Early 1942 until 1945 starting from serial #V1 until VS811119. This one was made sometime afte

Thank you Paul. I posted over there and I will let the forum know the results.
    John

Quote by sargetom View Post
    looks very similar to the S&W Model 10 I carried many years ago as a Police Officer in NYS
    Basically what became the M&P.

A very nice little piece of history! Thanks for sharing!
    As to the dating, a call to S&W might tell you exactly. I called Colt and Springfield to inquire about a couple handguns and the gave me as close a date as they could, which was month and year. Maybe S&W could do the same.

?

That is a great looking example. My old boss loved these and was in the know about their particulars.
    He turned me on to the S&W forum Stinkpotpete posted. So you should be good to go on finding info. I look forward to seeing what you find!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Arrow

Went and found my 'pre-Victory' Smith & Wesson 38-200 for a quick photo.

As previously mentioned, it's a sadly unsympathetic de-act in very rough condition; it was an impulse purchase ( at what would now seem a ridiculously low price ) at the old Cheshunt Militaria Fair back in the 1990s. I've gradually come to like it more and more. It's aesthetically pleasing and I can see why it was favoured by such as the Commandos, airborne forces and - from memoirs I've read - RAF fighter pilots. Speaking purely subjectively, it almost seems to have something of the 'Wild West' in its appearance. Serial number is 758539, with no 'V'.

A nice example Martin, a gun with that 'been there - done that' look about it. Somehow the 'used and abused' guns seem to ooze character from every worn mechanical part.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.... 'A Salford Pal: Pte Thomas Jay.'

Nice example Martin. Thank you for sharing.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12