Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Smith & Wesson Victory Revolver circa 1943

Article about: Hello-this is my S&W .38/200 5" Barrel Victory revolver-produced in late 1943 for the Lend Lease program-marked for Australian service (D 'Broad Arrow' D) and British service ('Broa

Default Re: Smith & Wesson Victory Revolver circa 1943

Quote by COLT 1911A1 View Post
    Fine weapon you got there lithgow, with the original ctg. carton, the .38/200 ctgs, the canvas holster and all... Is the cleaning rod original to the holster?
    @ Miaharry, i have far-relatives living in Bundaberg, Queensland.
    Regards, Thanos.
    Thanos I have relatives in Athens. My Mum and Dad will be there next week.

Quote by Miaharry View Post
    Thanos I have relatives in Athens. My Mum and Dad will be there next week.
    What an unusual coincidence...Do you have greek origins?

I do. My Dad is Greek.

Quote by Miaharry View Post
    I do. My Dad is Greek.
    What do you know...!!! I'm really glad "talking" to you...If i can be of any help concerning history of greek issued weapons, do not hesitate...
    Take care, Thanos.

?

Beautiful S&W! Thanks for sharing!! Do the numbers all match? The serial numbers were stamped in 5 locations: the butt of the frame, under the barrel where is screws into the frame, on the rear of the cylinder, on the back of the ejector and on the inside of the grips. I have one made under Lend-Lease that went to Great Britain. I lucked out and all numbers match. You can also write to Smith & Wesson and, for a small fee, they will send you a letter back documenting the production data on your handgun.

Yes MarkV it all matches-I have thought about the S&W letter but for military pistols like these it doesn't really show much info other than which depot it was sent to for export out of the US.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Yes MarkV it all matches-I have thought about the S&W letter but for military pistols like these it doesn't really show much info other than which depot it was sent to for export out of the US.
    Sounds like you found a real winner!!! The one thing the factory letter does do is to confirm the specifications of the revolver when it left the factory - length of barrel, type of stocks, etc. From a collector's standpoint, it is just one more confirmation of originality and adds a bit of value in a sale to another collector. But, you certainly have to weigh the cost of the letter to what you think it's going to be worth later on.

Regards,

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2