Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Some photos of my WW2 collection

Article about: This is my first post and a hardy hello to all. Here are some photos of some of my WW2 guns and other items. I will be post more of the field gear I have and other items. I have numerous Jap

Default Re: Some photos of my WW2 collection

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi Sean, yes it spins both ways. It also locks up when you pull the trigger all the way back. I think I said that in the post?? Bad design. Anyway, check it out when you can fondle it. A little hard when you do not have in hand.

Here is a couple pics of the M1 Carbine BB gun. I am going to do a separate post on it I think. Might be a amusing one.

Regards, Steve
    yes you did say but..lol i just wanted to make as my mind sometimes gets confused..lol The m-1 carbine bb gun looks really cool. i never knew they made those. Here is a photo of the sent home type 99 with full mum and mono pod with bayonet. It has lots of cosmoline on it and in the barrel. I like you other picture as well Lucky for me my house is protected by my watch rabbit. When he is awake that is as napping seems to be a big part of the day when he not chasing his ball around my house.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01971.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	37985   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01961.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	37986  

grndskeeper
    ?

Sean,

Thanks I've taken a bunch of pics, and I'll try and get them up this weekend. In a closer reading of the material I've been consulting, you are very right -- Type 38s ceased official production in 1940. All it took to confuse me was to screw-up the serial number

Cheers!
    Mac.

Quote by ak474me View Post
    yes you did say but..lol i just wanted to make as my mind sometimes gets confused..lol The m-1 carbine bb gun looks really cool. i never knew they made those. Here is a photo of the sent home type 99 with full mum and mono pod with bayonet. It has lots of cosmoline on it and in the barrel. I like you other picture as well Lucky for me my house is protected by my watch rabbit. When he is awake that is as napping seems to be a big part of the day when he not chasing his ball around my house.
    Hello Sean, boy those are great pics of the crated Arisaka. Really though, it is a nice looking rifle and crate. Maybe better pics sometime. I really do not see any cosmoline on it, looks pretty clean to me. I would not clean it anyway. I would leave it as is.

Regards, Steve

Quote by grndskeeper View Post
    I picked-up a Type 38 Arisaka about 20 years ago, from an antique store in Ohio.
    Nearest I can figure from the stampings I can read, the rifle was made in the Kokura Arsenal, between 1943 and 1945. I can't make-out the series stamping...I'll post pics of this rifle in hopes you guys can help me figure-out what the truth is

Cheers,
    Mac.
    Hi Mac, if need something translated stamped on the butt or elsewhere on the your rifle, I can have it translated it for you. Post some good close ups.
    Other than that, and knowing if it is an early, mid, or late war Arisaka, and knowing what an untouched matching example looks and feels like, and what to look for, I am no help with the seemingly hundreds of variations and production runs or Arisakas.

I am mainly into pistols revolvers, but could not pass on my 2 rifles. Especially for the prices. They are untouched, excellent cond. mid, and late war. When I dig them out or the safe sometime, will post some pics.

Have you tried Banzai? there are good experts there that could help. Regards, Steve

Quote by grndskeeper View Post
    Sean,

Thanks I've taken a bunch of pics, and I'll try and get them up this weekend. In a closer reading of the material I've been consulting, you are very right -- Type 38s ceased official production in 1940. All it took to confuse me was to screw-up the serial number

Cheers!
    Mac.
    No problem..Would like to see the pics as well.

Very, very nice! Its good that you have space to spead everything out and do it justice. Welcome!

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello Sean, boy those are great pics of the crated Arisaka. Really though, it is a nice looking rifle and crate. Maybe better pics sometime. I really do not see any cosmoline on it, looks pretty clean to me. I would not clean it anyway. I would leave it as is.

Regards, Steve

thanks so much again Steve..I will get some more pictures of it up soon and take some shots of my other type 99s. The cosmoline i will leave alone as it is inside the barrel, chamber and on the back/aircraft sights and dust cover. but again i will get some better shots of it. I keep forgetting what series it is and will have to look again. Anyway my dad is arriving in tomorrow with my type 26 and I will get some photos of that and some of my other pistols. My favorite pistol is my French made P-15 which is very heavy for a 9mm. If i remember i will also get some shots of my Swiss luger. Last month my dad won two Lugers from David Martin auctions. One was a g date luger and the other was a k date one. I will try to get some shots up soon as i think we area headed to Gettysburg for a few days as well.

sean

Quote by soalebm View Post
    Very, very nice! Its good that you have space to spead everything out and do it justice. Welcome!
    thanks...i do have some additions to the collection and will get those pics up as well.

3mk
    ?

Great collection,
    Any Polish items

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Great collection,
    Any Polish items
    Not much on the Poland front but not for the lack of trying. I did my first undergrad history project on Polands role in WW2. I am trying to get a radom mauser..I do have a german made polish radom pistol, some Polish officer document book and spurs. I will try and get some photos of those. I have made several Polish WW2 airplane models and have numerous books on Poland in WW2.
    Wait a minutte i almost forget i do have a small autograph photo and painting of the Polish pilot who shot down the first two German planes of WW2. if you look at the first photo at the lower right corner you can see the spurs and document books, and the second photo in the upper right you can see the framed picture which has small b&w photo and small color print in it which is of Wladek Gnys PZL 11.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n777719555_870449_5557[1].jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	38469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n777719555_870411_708[1].jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	38470  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345