MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some STEN Mk1 photos for people that are intrested.

Article about: I just watched The Guns of Naverone, from what I can see the stens are all MkI*'s. Don't forget the photos Chris !

Default Some STEN Mk1 photos for people that are intrested.

As promissed.

?

Default Re: Some STEN Mk1 photos for people that are intrested.

Nice pics Bobby, is it your sten ?

As it happens I'm half way through building a MkI* right now, your pics will come in usefull. Do the rivets on the front of the magwell collar hold the trunnion in place ?
    Last edited by Mick; 01-31-2011 at 08:20 AM.

?

Here's a couple of unusual sten pics for you..

Is the Mk2 a home built Mk3 parts kit? It looks a good combo of the 2. It would actually have been a pretty good compramise during WW2. What locks the Mk2 barrel nut in place in place?

I really like the bottom kit, can you tell us a little about it, it has a Mk1 type stock, looks like a Lancheter type rear sight and a PPSH drum mag? How does it shoot with that long barrel?

Quote by Mick View Post
    Nice pics Bobby, is it your sten ?

As it happens I'm half way through building a MkI* right now, your pics will come in usefull. Do the rivets on the front of the magwell collar hold the trunnion in place ?
    It looks like the trunnion is pressed into place, then the 4 rivets are pressed in and slightly formed on the inside, and then to help lock it all together, there has been 2 rings lightly formed around the case to squeaze around the trunnion if that makes sence.

ATB, Chris.

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Is the Mk2 a home built Mk3 parts kit? It looks a good combo of the 2. It would actually have been a pretty good compramise during WW2. What locks the Mk2 barrel nut in place in place?

I really like the bottom kit, can you tell us a little about it, it has a Mk1 type stock, looks like a Lancheter type rear sight and a PPSH drum mag? How does it shoot with that long barrel?

The first pic is of a repro New Zealand sten. The New Zealand military liked features from the MkIII and the MkII and the NZ government had them built for them.

There is a screw that locks the barrel nut in place....

The second picture is a hybrid sten X suomi. The rear sight is Suomi M31 and the drum is Suomi. The stock is indeed MkI sten, and the trigger housing and mechanism is MkIII but modified to fit the reduced diameter tube. It's all fitted together with a specially built receiver. It shoots well with the long barrel. It's at least as good as a standard suomi.

Same gun with different clothes...

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    It looks like the trunnion is pressed into place, then the 4 rivets are pressed in and slightly formed on the inside, and then to help lock it all together, there has been 2 rings lightly formed around the case to squeaze around the trunnion if that makes sence.

ATB, Chris.
    Yes that makes perfect sense. Is there any chance you could post some pics of the front assembly removed from the receiver ?

What's the story behind your MkI ? where did you get it from etc ?

?

I have never seen the guts of a genuine MkI nose assembly that's why I was interested. Anyway I made the gun using the method I used previously.

As I don't build forgeries I can make little improvements. The front sight takes replaceable sight inserts and the sling swivel has been relocated. I know it's not for the purist, but both of these updates are fully reverible with only an allen key needed to make it standard MkI*

I notice your MkI has a MkV bolt handle. If you want I can send you a bolt handle in the correct MkI style with a MkV locking nipple.
    Last edited by Mick; 02-04-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Hi Mick, I'll take some photos tommorrow for you. ATB, Chris.

?

Thanks Chris.

BTW I like the "TOP" on the deflector. It shows there were pleanty of women woking in sten factories

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast