Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Some of toys for you to see.

Article about: by pitfighter I believe that's an English or Canadian Bren in .303. As far as I have seen - and must admit only been looking since I acquired my ZB26. 8X57 Bren (ZB26-ZB30) has a straight 20

Default Re: Some of toys for you to see.

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    I believe that's an English or Canadian Bren in .303.

As far as I have seen - and must admit only been looking since I acquired my ZB26.
    8X57 Bren (ZB26-ZB30) has a straight 20rd mag -
    8X56R Steyr - some ZB30's has a curved 30rd mag for this caliber - not too many of those, but I have heard great things about the ZB in this caliber.

I am sure there are some Chinese exceptions, and wild-cat variations, to the above rule -

Pit.
    Chinese contract and other contract 7.92mm Brens used the standard 20 round ZB mag but made by Inglis.

The ZB39 was chambered in 8x56r so has a similar look to the Bren. See above post, bottom photo.

Great collection - and so interesting to me that so much cool hardware can be owned so closed to George Orwell's England, with it's rules and regulations -

Thread diluting for another moment, sorry OP!

The Chinese wildcat I was referring to was in 7.62x39mm - using a definitely curved mag.

You are right I wrote ZB30 instead of ZB39 - for 8X56 Steyr - you win the Snickers bar, sir.

I own a ZB-26 and am a snob -
    But, as I wrote, I have heard great things about the configuration in 8X56R.

Pit.
    8X56R - curved like an AK
    8X57 - x20 - straight
    8X57 - x30 - slight curvature.
    .303 - curved like an AK
    7.62x39 - curved like an AK
    7.62x51 (L4) - x30 slight curvature.

Agh yes, they used the AK mag, I have some photos somewhere. A friend of mine has one, a chinese contract 7.92mm gun converted to 7.62mmx39mm

This is my friend Kevs Chinese 7.92mm Bren converted to 7.62x39mm

Hi,
    The FN mod D is in 7.6
    D

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    The FN mod D is in 7.6
    D
    I don't collect anything other than British and American small arms (Except for the odd ZB) but I just loved the FN D so when I saw a mint example in 30-06 I had to have it. How would you rate it? I think if it had been given a bigger mag it would have been a fair competitor for the Bren. However I can see why FN didn't improve the design much more, after all, who would want to try and compete against their own GPMG FN MAG.

Have you thought about converting your Bren Mk1 with stock Mk2 into a Stock Mk1?

Nice collection by the way.

?

Now that would be a collection I would love to have, super nice weapons, thanks for showing them, Ray

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234