Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Article about: Hi Guys, I though that you might be interested to see some of my WW2 Soviet Infantry weapons? It is my ambition to try and obtain one of each weapon This is a long term project As I live in

hi Jerry, I would if I had the dosh! My mate has one for sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    hi Jerry, I would if I had the dosh! My mate has one for sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Cool, how much is it? Not that I have the money, but interesting to hear what they go for.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

£55,000. But this is a starting price.

Another chap I know bought his this year for 85,000 Euro's. But it is very nice and certainly wartime Soviet production and not Polish or Czech post war built.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice video about the gun. It is shown being (blank) fired. It looks ground dug to me, being heavily pitted in places:

Арсенал. Пулемёт ДТ - YouTube

Cheers, Ade.

Wonderful acquisition, if a bit mixed-up with post-war sweeteners. Here's a bunch of pix showing the original DT, dated 1936, with the ground kit you miss.
    The b&w photos are Finnish, from 1943 Finnish Army ground weapons catalogue - downloadable (only photos, not catalogue) from the WebNeo Any red-blooded militaria fan should shovel through that wonderful Finnish Army wartime photo archive. There's a whopping 160 000 photos in it, dating between November 1939 and June 1944, showing Finnish Army with about bloody everything going bang available in Europe during WW2, own, captured, bought, begged, stolen or borrowed, in calibers from 6.5 mm to 280 mm - not to mention uniforms, gas masks galore etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection   Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

Soviet Infantry weapons collection   Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

Thanks !

The use of the DP flash hider is seen in several wartime pics. The barrel extention will unscrew on mine being an old spec de-act. I will try the flash hider off my DP28.

An original bipod I know will be a pig to find. I might have to settle for a repro as much as I hate that as a stop gap filler.

Cheers, Ade.

And some more DT photos, a selection loosely described as Strange Bedfellows. First - three photos of a Finnish StuG III Ausf. H with DT on top. All Finnish StuGs were carrying DTs instead of top-mounted MG 34, which was non-standard (a rare indeed distinction...) in the Finnish Army.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection   Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

?

Quote by Visniewski View Post
    Interesting link. Bookmarked for later perusing.

And now strange bedfellows a rebours - a Soviet DT with a Nazi bipod. This must have been a quite common combination, as I have two such scenes in my photo collection - one showing a Soviet with DT in the snow resting on MG 42 (no height-adjustment screw) bipod, the other is showing Polish tankers from the Army in the East ("People's Polish Army") with similarly modified DT on MG 34 bipod, and AA ring sight mounted on the muzzle. Perhaps a top-side gun from some vehicle - but whoever knows which? I have never seen a photo of Poles with any top-side DT - Dushkas, yes, many, but DTs?

More strange bedfellows - captured DTs used by the Jerry, Finns and even Japs. The Germans are probably some Ostlegions, but Jussi Rambo, a Finnish strongman firing a top-side turret DT from his shoulder (but without magazine...) and Khalkhin-Gol Japanese clowning with a captured DT and gasmasks are real McCoy.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast