Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Mosin Nagant PE sniper rifle

Article about: Hi comrades! I need some help regarding a newly bought PE MN rifle. I'm quite sure it's a repro scope and mount fitted, but damn they look good. Do you have any ideas how to identify repro P

Fluffizaki
    ?

Default Soviet Mosin Nagant PE sniper rifle

Hi comrades!
    I need some help regarding a newly bought PE MN rifle.
    I'm quite sure it's a repro scope and mount fitted, but damn they look good. Do you have any ideas how to identify repro PE from the originals. Usually there should be proof stamps on the mount, right?
    How do I identify if the bolt is new made? It looks a bit rough, but if it's a repro it's good. (actually, the repros seems to be even better that my bolt)
    I'm aware that a PE would probably have a hex-rifle to it, that's one concern.. The rifle is dated 1938 but not "C" or "CH".
    The whole rifle got the same number, but I think it's refurbished, but it don't have the usual "box with diagonal line". But it got a "diamond" and the numbers "55".
    My guess is; Refurbished M/N with ebay bolt and accumounts.com scope and mount. But now i see the adjustment "blobs" are different between my scope and accumounts...

Is it a difference when zeroing a original and repro scope?

Please tell me if you need more pics.
    If you are kind I'll post pictures of my SVT38 (non refurbiushed)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Mosin Nagant PE sniper rifle   Soviet Mosin Nagant PE sniper rifle  

Soviet Mosin Nagant PE sniper rifle   Soviet Mosin Nagant PE sniper rifle  

Soviet Mosin Nagant PE sniper rifle  

Default Re: Soviet Mosin Nagant PE sniper rifle

i like it n would love to see the svt38

?

I like the rifle. The scope definitely looks repro., to me. Check out Rifles Of The Red Star, for more information (but, they don't have ALL scope maker's logos listed). I've been looking for an original sniper rifle with that on-gun part of the mount, to match with my 1936 PE scope and mount.

Gaines

Got yerself a nice Nagant, there. Only thing that's bugging me is the trigger. Info, maybe?

?

I found this old thread on the PE. I am pretty sure you have one of the repro PE snipers that was for sale a few years back from Cole's and other vendors. I bought the same exact repro from Cole's ( Just to have an example) and your looks identical to mine. HTH