MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish M43 Mauser rifle

Article about: This is my Spanish M1943 Mauser rifle in 7.92 x 57mm, made in 1945 at the La Coruna arsenal for service with the paramilitary police force the 'Civil Guard'-the cartouche on the buttstock is

Default Spanish M43 Mauser rifle

This is my Spanish M1943 Mauser rifle in 7.92 x 57mm, made in 1945 at the La Coruna arsenal for service with the paramilitary police force the 'Civil Guard'-the cartouche on the buttstock is the crossed sword and fasces symbol for the guard.

The M1943 Mauser was adopted as a replacement for the various previous models of rifles that had survived the Spanish Civil war 1936-39. Supplies of German weapons during the war had led to the decision to adopt the 7.92 calibre round to replace the 7mm used since the 1890s. The rifle itself is based on the Standard Short Modell rifles that had been obtained from Germany in the early 1930s in the old 7mm. An unusual feature is the auxilliary bayonet lug mounted on top of the standard 'H' lug to allow use of the older pattern bayonets as well as the 84/98 clone German type bayos for the M43. It was replaced in service by the CETME 7.62mm Nato assualt rifle from the early 1960s on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish M43 Mauser rifle   Spanish M43 Mauser rifle  

Spanish M43 Mauser rifle   Spanish M43 Mauser rifle  

Spanish M43 Mauser rifle  

?

Default Re: Spanish M43 Mauser rifle

Very nice,looks to be in good condition too,have you fired it?...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Looks to be in fine condition. Now go fire it!!

Thanks, blokes-haven't shot it but may do in the future-the attached are 2 bayos that fit the rifle-the extremely old fashioned looking M1941 that was supposed to double as a bolo machete but like most of these sort of things was useless for the task and heartily disliked by the troops and the Chilean M1895 bayo-typical of the older Mauser export examples that will fit on the auxiliary lug.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish M43 Mauser rifle  

?

Nice condition M43. Most of the ones I see are nowhere near the condition of yours.

It helps that it's ex Guardia Civil-police don't usually run around and jump on their arms like the military do...

Very nice Spanish M-43....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Hi,
    Great condition lovely rifle let us know how it goes when you fire it. thanks for showing it.
    Dave.

helo any body know how much a spanish mauser 43 -8mkm rifle is worth in good condtion dilled anb taped for scope

just drilled and taped no scope base rings or scope

Depends on condition, for someone looking for an all original unmessed with example of the rifle it would be undesirable as its drilled and tapped. For a hunter or just a shooter I would say 400-500