Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS marked K98's and the Truth?

Article about: Good advice GEW98. Have recommended members from this forum to check out Gun Boards Forum for some knowledge and advice from those guys. I learned much myself in the past year. Good to gain

Default SS marked K98's and the Truth?

Hello Everyone!

So I've been searching the web and have noticed that nobody has the straight answer on these SS marked K98's and what rifles would the SS have used. As far as I remember reading is that the SS needed every rifle they could get, so they didn't mark every rifle they had in their units. Which makes total sense to me.

So for the final record... Who knows what the Truth is?

I see places like... ( Pain in face) Mitchell's Mausers trying to sell SS rifles to the unknowing buyer... and we all know what they are up too.

German K98 Mauser Rifle by Mitchell's Mausers

For the record.. I know Mitchell's are bad... I was just making a point about how easy it is for people to get burned over these rifles.

Thanks
    Cody
    Last edited by NDShooter; 11-24-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Default Re: SS marked K98's and the Truth?

I would suggest contacting one of the forum members here- Ostlanddigger. If I recall, he either has, or has handled several where he is at.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cody

Mitchell's Mausers is a known bogus site that sells captures that are dressed-up and the like. I ran across this place when I was researching my rifles. Gunboards also has extensive information regarding this seller. It's the Snyder of Mausers. It also sounds as if you're aware of this bogus seller.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

This was discussed a couple years ago-here is the thread. And, personally, for what it's worth, I do believe ostlanddigger. He is reliable and can back up what he says.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...-rifles-17314/
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Cody

Mitchell's Mausers is a known bogus site that sells captures that are dressed-up and the like. I ran across this place when I was researching my rifles. Gunboards also has extensive information regarding this seller. It's the Snyder of Mausers. It also sounds as if you're aware of this bogus seller.

Green
    Thanks Green, but I already know that Mitchells is bad, the (pain in the face) reference was about them.
    I was just wanting something to come up on the top google searches about this subject when people are doing the research.
    I'm sick of people being burned on fakes....

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    Thanks Green, but I already know that Mitchells is bad, the (pain in the face) reference was about them.
    I was just wanting something to come up on the top google searches about this subject when people are doing the research.
    I'm sick of people being burned on fakes....
    Good thinking! And not to mention extremely overpriced fakes!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Very Over Priced! I saw at a local gun show lately someone wanted a Mitchell's K98 for $795... I about dropped a bomb in my pants..
    The most I've paid for a RC is $375.... and it still was original to what the russians did to it... not this polishing bolt Bull sh...

So does anyone have any info on this subject to share?

?

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    So does anyone have any info on this subject to share?
    Wow ... you are only asking for something that could fill a few books. You need to go to gunboards.com on their 98k forum. You will find Scott Bugan there and "Mr Farb". Scott primarily collects SS small arms and has a large collection and even larger amount of knowledge of same. He is also compiling a book on just this very subject.

Well, I'm not asking to know all knowledge about the subject but we are talking about those who are faking these rifles out there and how to prevent from getting burned out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast